She was brown skin with lips almost as big as mine, she was much thicker than me and had blue contacts in.

"I'm Angel. I fuck with your hair, it's pretty." She introduced.

"Princess and thank you. Seriously you saved me from sticking those pompoms somewhere not cheerful." I admitted.

We both started laughing.

"You're funny as hell. You're going to the homecoming this weekend? I could use a friend to go with." Angel wondered.

Homecoming ? I haven't heard of a homecoming in january, leave it to my ghetto ass school to be this late.

"I don't know... so much shits been going on I don't even know if I have time." I answered honestly.

"I feel that."

...

 Kilyier "Killa" Ramos

"Where's coach?" I asked while walking into the building seeing no one but my teammates who were doing pushups.

"Tardy. I'm in charge for now. Get to your feet and give me 50 Ramos." Tyson demanded.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "50? For what?"

"For ball hogging all the game. Don't question me nigga and get to it." He spat.

"I wasn't fucking ball hogging. If I was coach would've said something." I scoffed.

Tyson and a half of the team started laughing at my words, Angelo just stood there with a look of guilt on his face.

"Like Coach is gonna tell you that."

The way he emphasized the word you through me off.

"The fucks that supposed to mean." I dropped my backpack from my shoulder. He was so lucky I left my gun at home.

"Oh he didn't tell you? Damn, that's fucked up Ramos." Tyson chuckled. "Or should I say Miller."

I stepped up to him, my nose flaring with anger. "Stop being a bitch and tell me!"

"Calvin didn't randomly choose you cause your good, you're his son."

Ever ounce of self control I had left my body- I felt that hotness I always did when I was about to have a episode.

"Y'all knew? All y'all niggas knew and didn't tell me!" I shouted.

Silence.

I ignored Angelo's apologizes and nodded my head with a angry laugh. "Nah, fuck this. I quit."

...

All those years I stayed up wondering why my dad left me, the anger I felt towards my mom for never telling me who he was. All the wasted fucking tears.

And the whole time I was playing for that bitch ass nigga. He probably only let me join his team so he could ease him guilt.

I unlocked the front door, instantly going to the kitchen where my mom was cooking spaghetti.

"Hey baby, Princess is in the room sleeping but i'm making some food-

"I met my dad." I interrupted her sentence.

She turned away from the stove, her eyes saddening. "Oh Kilyier, i'm so sorry. I never meant for it to be like this."

"I'm not mad at you ma. I just need to cool off." I removed her hand from my face, walking to my room.

The anger inside of my body was so bad that it physically hurt. The only way it went away was through violence.

I knocked over all my basketball trophies, punching my reflection through the mirror. I needed to see blood.

Again and again, I needed to see more blood. I wanted to break my hand so I could never pick up a basketball again.

"Kilyier, Kilyier!" Princess voice echoed through my head.

"Kilyier... Kilyier.... please." I imagined how Calvin would beg for his life as I stabbed him to death.

Stabbing was more personal.

"Stop it, please, Kilyier!" She cried out, grabbing my bloodied hand to prevent me from hurting myself anymore.

I stared down at her, my darkened eyes softening when I saw fear in hers. What the fuck is wrong with me?

"It's okay." She grabbed my face. "It's okay, i'm here i'm not going anywhere."

You never did. Princess was the only person in the world who wasn't afraid of me hurting her. Because I never would.

♫ Oh, 'cause they will run you down, down 'til you fall ♫

I felt a stinging in my eyes- a feeling i haven't felt since the day my brother died. A tear slipped down my cheek.

Her arms wrapped around my neck and I leaned my head into her shoulder.

♫ Oh Way down we go ♫

...