Chapter 1: Unlikely Reunion

Start from the beginning

Two male villagers were dragging a unconscious man wearing a blue uniform, Jasper assumed that the man they were dragging was a policeman. To satisfy his curiosity, Jasper continued to watch what was happening.

The two villagers tied the man up into a wooden post with a pile of coal surrounding it and Jasper could only assume the worst. He looked through his scope again, and horrifyingly, one of the villagers that carry a torch ignites the coal underneath the cop. The flames grew bigger and began to burn the man alive. Jasper—including Sky—could hear his screams of agony from afar.

"What the fuck...?" He muttered under his breath, completely disturbed by the scene before him. "Something's not right with these villagers."

"Be careful, Raven Strike," Sky told him. "And remember; you and your partner bring Ashley back home safely."

"Copy that. Raven Strike out," Jasper responded, ending the transmission. He looked back at the villagers who watched the man being consumed by the flames without any sense of remorse.

"Seems like these people won't be giving us a warm welcome," Jasper remarked as he reached for his sniper rifle.

The faint sound of angry grumbling from the villagers was heard. Jasper looked through his scope and catches the sight of the villagers slowly approaching a man in a threatening way. The man was wearing a dark brown jacket and had blonde hair.

He watched as the blonde man fired his gun at the villagers and delivering roundhouse kicks to them. Then the man's face came into his view, and Jasper's eyes widened in shock as he recognized him as his childhood friend.

"Leon..." He whispered in awe, filled with emotions. He couldn't believe that he's seeing Leon again after all these years.

Then, he notices a villager with a chainsaw and a dirty cloth bag over his head charging towards Leon, violently swinging his chainsaw around. Jasper decided to act quick and aimed his sniper at the chainsaw man's head before firing. However, the bullet had no effect on the villager as he got back up on his feet again.

"The hell?" Jasper muttered incredulously.

His attention turned towards Leon who was fighting off a couple of villagers. One of them restraint Leon from behind while the other was about to charge towards him with a pitchfork. Jasper quickly shot the villager through the head, making them fall to the ground. Leon managed to break free from the villager's restraints and delivered a kick to their stomach, making them fly until they hit the wall and landed on the ground harshly.

Leon kept running house to house while Jasper shot the villagers down to give him an advantage. It continued on like this until Jasper suddenly heard the bell ringing. This caused the villagers to stop attacking Leon and drop their weapons, confusing Jasper.

The raved-haired agent lowered his sniper as he saw the villagers starting to walk forward, past Leon and towards the church at the end. Once all of them were in, his eyes turned to Leon who seemed to be just confused as him.

It fills him with emotions just seeing the blonde again. He noticed the memories of him and all the times they spent together come flooding back to him, and he felt sadness that things didn't go the way he wanted. He didn't even get the chance to figure out what they really were. He had to be separated from his only friend—for his own sake.

He watched as Leon left the village. Despite the nostalgia and pain, he also felt a sense of peace to see him again. He wasn't sure if Leon would feel the same way, or if he even knew that he was here. But on top of all of that, he had to focus on one objective first; rescuing the President's daughter.

His communicator began to ring and he answered the transmission. "Sparrow to Raven Strike, I've got some tips for you. Look for a large windmill and it'll take you to the same route Condor One's taking," Sky informed him.