~ 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 ~

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙⋆⁺₊⋆Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ⋆⁺₊⋆•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Recap! Our heroine, Kanae Kocho, has been facing a few problems. 1, The fact that Sanemi has met Sumire. 2, Douma, which is already enough to say. And 3, finally and foremost, The man standing at her door, staring at Sumire who returned it, oblivious to their connection. 

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙⋆⁺₊⋆Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ⋆⁺₊⋆•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

"Nothing, Sumire." Kanae said quickly, whipping her head towards her daughter. She swallowed, her stomach twisting with stress and anxiety.

She was shaking, nausea rising no matter how many times she swallowed her saliva and breathed deep. "But mommy-" Sumire started, but Kanae cut her off. "Sumire. Not right now! Mommy's tired, okay? Go to bed." Kanae said, raising her voice.

"Mommy! Wait. I love yo-" Sumire started again, desperately trying to finish her sentence. "Sumire! Enough! Go to bed, I don't want to hear it, you pest!" Kanae said venomously, glaring at her with pent-up rage she never let out.

Sumire stopped completely, not making a sound. Kanae's eyes widened, realizing the effect of her words. 

Hic, hic, hic

Her tears splashed against the carpet, leaving the light grey-brown rug with small dark spot. Kanae shot up, nearly collapsing once again at the sight.  

Her adorable daughter, complete with the stuffed animal in her left and her blanket in the right while being in beautiful purple pajamas, no where as beautiful as her, though; crying softly. Her shiny, glassy purple pupils sparkling with falling tears. 

It escalated. Her soft hics turning into pained sobbing sounds, gasping for air although the only thing she felt was the sting of feeling unloved and unneeded. Kanae swallowed the guilt, her vision blurring from her own tears.

"Sumire," she whispered, crouching on one knee, pathetically holding her arms out in a last-ditch effort. "Mommy's sorry, okay?" she choked out, keeping the tears from spilling. It was heartbreaking for her.

She had never dreamed that she would hurt her like this while she was not in the wrong. She never thought she would give her baby this feeling so young. But as Sumire turned back into the hall, sob's turning to gasps, she knew she had done it.

Her arms fell, like she had lost all muscle control and gravity took over. The door to her room shut softly, and she didn't bother trying to fix what had happened. It would be like dumping a bucket of disinfectant over a cut-up body. She stood up, straightening herself before slumping onto the ground, defeated.

"You really are a mess."

Kanae looked back up, completely forgetting he existed. She shot back, seeing him within a foot of her face. 

"Leave." she said in almost a whisper. Sanemi's face peaked with curiosity, and he kneeled down in front of her, softly putting his hand on her face, wiping the single tear off her face. She wanted to pull away, like she had practiced in her mind. Pull away from everyone. But she didn't. She let his big, strong hands stay against her cheek. 

It had been awhile since that happened, and she missed every single bit of it.

"I need to talk to you, so either it's right now or during your precious office hours." Sanemi says, retracting his hand. Kanae sighed into the silence, before tilting her head up, facing him.