Part 30- "It's Good To See You"

Начните с самого начала

"Oh that's so fucked up" Kash was in disbelief over the soap opera style drama "so now what?"

"Daisy left, I don't know where or for how long, Deaky just found out too so he's claiming he's gone" He rubbed his face with both palms "I need to get out of this fucking place"

Kash looked at her brother in sympathy, although she also knew that whatever Daisy was feeling was warranted "so what now" she asked quietly.

"Kash I don't think I can keep going. I can't do this to her" Freddie struggled to say each work aloud.

"What are you saying?"

Clasping his hands together, he interlaced his fingers, his eyes fixed on the rug bellow his feet "this whole thing has brought her nothing but pain. Ever since she met me she's had the most horrific things happen to her and here I am adding to it"

"Are you being serious right now" Kash could sense what he was trying to say, but she didn't want to believe that her brother, was about to make the biggest mistake of his life.

"She can't heal in the place that made her sick. She needs clarity and time"

Kash scrunched her face "hang on. In your stupid male head, you think that the best thing for your wife who is already insecure, fragile, traumatised and God knows what else, is to say, see ya!"

"I wouldn't say that to her"

Kash sprung to her feet, consumed by her rage "you know what? I hope you actually leave her, and I hope she heals and moves on with someone who appreciates her in the good times and the bad" rushing to the door, she snatched her cloak from the hook, and turned one last time "you're a dick head"

Slamming the door loudly behind her as she left, Freddie was once again alone. He groaned to himself loudly, he was so exhausted from everything that the temptation of packing a bag and leaving the country, was becoming more and more desirable.

                                ———————-

Daisy sipped her coffee slowly, her eyes were focused on Eric as he animatedly gave her a recount on his life, something Daisy was not willing to mimic.

She listened politely. She tried to be engaging  and keep her mind and attention on Eric's story, but the pain in her chest was growing rapidly, as though to say "look at me, look at me! Don't forget your heart is broken"

Eric's eyes moved over to the door of the cafe, a smile spreading on his lips as he stood up "Zack!"

Daisy turned around. Zack?
Eric's younger brother had appeared with a stunning red head beside him.

"I had a feeling you'd be here" Zack's voice was deep and husky, he was ever so slightly taller than Eric, with a small waist and broad shoulders. His navy suit was perfectly tailored to his frame, with a crisp white shirt beneath.

He looked down at Daisy, a slight twitch hit the corner of his lip "Daisy" his tone was that of both disbelief and expectation, like he knew she would be there or had hoped.

Daisy stood with a smile, she hadn't seen Zack since he was a little boy, and now all of a sudden, here he was all 6"4 of him towering over her.

She wasn't sure how to address him, whether a handshake or hug was appropriate, but he leaned into her and embraced her, as though thinking the same.

"It's good to see you" he noted before remembering his partner, who stood behind him.

"This is Jessica" he introduced without any further explanation of who she was to him. Standing almost 6 foot herself, she extended her hand "pleasure to meet you" her voice was deep, surprising for a woman.

Zack quickly pulled two chair for, and added himself and Jessica to the small round two-seater table that Daisy and Eric sat at.

"How have you been?" Zack asked bluntly, staring at Daisy as though interrogating her.

Nervous under both his gaze and questioning, Daisy corrected her posture and tilted her head girlishly "great! And you?"

Zack bared his teeth in a smile, amused by Daisy's very obvious discomfort and even more obvious lie "never better" he turned his head slightly to his brother "and how did you too meet up? I didn't know you were in contact"

"We're not" Daisy quickly intervened "we just bumped into eachother and decided for a drink"

Zack accepted her answer and nodded slowly "small world"

Eric smacked the back of his hand across his brothers firm chest "get out of your work mode, you're a creep when you're all serious"

Zack wasn't impressed by Eric's jab but gave no reply.

"What do you do for work?" Daisy tried to deflect the attention from her, while lifting her coffee cup to her lips.

"Homocide"

Daisy's eyes widened marginally " I can see why you'd be serious then, it must be a hard job"

Zack reached for his brothers coffee and claimed it as his own, he stirred in a sachet of sugar and took a sip "not really, bad people do bad things, I help catch them based on evidence"

Eric made no response to his coffee being taken from him, and placed his arm around his little brother proudly "he's the family's golden child"

This seemed to make Zack blush slightly, which he shrugged off along with Eric's arm.

"Good on you Zack, who would have thought that the same little boy I used to play go-fish with during my lunch break would...."

"Turn into a man?" His words were haunting. He smirked at Daisy who couldn't hide her brows from flowering  into a small frown.

"Yes" she fairly replied though not what she wanted to say.

There was something unnerving about Zack, something painfully dark, something she didn't want to get to know.