𝔸𝕔𝕥 𝕆𝕟𝕖: 𝕊𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕖 𝟞

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing here?" Jeonghan asked, the question very clearly directed at Jackson. 

Jackson stuffed his hands into the pockets of his track pants and said, "Nothing. Just some business we both have to do. What are you doing here?" 

"I'm athlete too," Jeonghan spoke in a condescending tone. He seems annoyed and Emily isn't sure why. 

"I know. But I also know there isn't any soccer practice today. Or this week for that matter," Jackson said. Looking in between Emily and Jeonghan, he asked, "Is there something going on between the two of you?"

"No!" Emily shut down that thought as quickly as possible.

"Jackson, thank you for this," Emily said, shaking her hand with the papers, "And thank you for the phone," Emily spoke to Jeonghan without looking at it. 

"Now if the two of you could leave, I could actually practice," Emily said. 

"Awww. I was actually hoping to watch," Jackson said. 

"Just leave," Emily deadpanned. 

Jeonghan didn't say anything to Emily not made a further acknowledgment of her but instead grabbed Jackson by his forearm and began to drag him out.

"Yo, man! What are you doing? Let me go," Jackson sounded slightly alarmed but Emily didn't stay to watch the rest because she went back in the changing room. 

Emily doesn't fully understand Jeonghan sometimes. He's always confused her. Even when they were together. Sometimes he is as sweet as sugar and other times he is so cold that it seems like he has no heart.

Either way, Emily didn't think much about what just happened and stuffed away her phone and the papers into her locker before heading out. Following body rotations and some ligament stretching, she jumped into the pool and began to swim a couple of laps as warm. These, she swam with ease and comfort as she is only trying to open up her muscles before she starts training for real. It was only after Emily completed her rather lengthy warm up, she began her intense training session. She kept timing herself at each round, trying to keep track of her speed while applying new techniques to swim faster as well as adding a few casual rounds in the middle. After training at the national training center for a while, it felt weird and oddly difficult to swim all alone without having people to compete against or have a coach to supervise you practically all the time. 

The next time Emily broke the surface of the water to finish her lap and breath for some air, she is surprised to see Coach Ma, the Sebong female's swimming coach, standing at the edge of the pool on the other.    

"Coach," Emily breathed, "What are you doing?" 

Emily lifted herself out of the water and sat down at the edge of the pool.

"I should be asking you that," Coach Ma said, walking over, "Do you know what time it is?"

Emily shook her head. 

"It's nearly nine," Coach Ma asked, "I came by to lock the pool up for the night. It's a good thing I decided to come inside otherwise I would have locked you in overnight too."

Emily started swimming at just before five, so at this point she must have been in the pool for four hours where she has just been aiming to swim for two. But it isn't that she is staying in longer purposefully, she genuinely lost track of time. 

"Training too much can also be bad," Coach Ma said. 

"I know," Emily replied, "But I haven't trained at all the past couple of days. I was just meaning to get a swim but I lost track of time."