𝔸𝕔𝕥 𝕆𝕟𝕖: 𝕊𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕖 𝟝

Start from the beginning

The awkward silence continued and Emily found herself lost at words. Luckily Jackson came to her rescue.  

"But the thing is, no one on campus even knows all of these things!" Jackson exclaimed, clearly ignoring the last bit Irene just said, "If people actually knew more about these things, swimming will naturally start to become more popular."

"I like it. I think its a good time to raise funds," Joshua agreed, "But I just don't know how much the college administration is going to agree."

"I actually think we can debate this into our favor," Namjoon said, "Sebong is known for so many things. Its academics, its business school, the football team, our sculpture division, our Badminton and tennis as well but never swimming. Just imagine how glorifying it will look. 'Sebong! The all-rounder university! Excels in every aspect' The administration is going to eat up all the good press." 

"Exactly," Jackson said, "And when Emily wins, we'll get even more famous."

Now Emily sat up straighter, more alarmed than before and said, "Uh-we don't know if I'm going to win."

"Of course you're going to win. Who will beat you," Jackson said. 

"Many people actually," Emily said. Mariko Enzo and Yejune, just to name a few, Emily thought. 

"Emily," Jackson suddenly grabbed Emily by the shoulders and made her turn around to face him, "How many times do I have to tell you to not be pessimistic. You must believe in yourself."

"Jackson," Jinyoung called out, "Give her some space."

Jackson let go of Emily and she fought the urge to wheel away her chair as far as possible from him. 

"Anyways. I like this idea. The East Asian collegiate swimming meet is a wonderful place and timing to raise funds. Emily, when is it exactly?" Jinyoung asked. 

"From May 1st to May 5th," Emily answered, "But all athletes have different schedules according to their event timings so some might leave early or arrive later. But the bigger schools, such Yonsei and Seoul National University and some of the other bigger Chinese and Japanese Universities will be here from a few days earlier. To practice."

"From how many countries are people coming. Do you have any idea?" Jinyoung asked, taking down notes. 

"Uhh-we have seven universities from Korea, since its the host country. But I know the ones nearby will just travel on the day or stay for a day or two. We have five from Japan and four from China. One from Taiwan. Two from Hong Kong. One from Mongolia," Emily answered, "But the list could have changed over the break."

"Great. Alright," Jinyoung said, finishing whatever he is writing down before looking up and announcing, "Its final. We will using the collegiate swim meet at the basis of our fund raising. By next week's meeting, I need everyone to come up with two specific fund raising ideas. If you come up with something before and are adamant on doing it, run it by me or Joshua and start arranging things. Namjoon, I need you to convince the administration for the green light by next week. Jeonghan, find out if the college or some sports alumni is willing to donate some money. Johnny, talk with some of the designers for the cubics magazine and see if they are willing to work on some posters for us. Or actually Nayeon, ask some of the arts students too. Jisoo, quickly send out a survey within this week. We need to figure out our student population's interest in swimming and work accordingly. Emily, I need you get me the confirm list of Universities asap and send it to Jisoo. Also try to find out if we are going to have any famous swimmers.  We will end here today."

Jinyoung commenced the meeting and everyone began to talk to one another and start packing up to leave. Emily remained to be the only person not conversing with anyone and quietly packed away her laptop. She had to go to practice straight away and has no time to waste.