𝔸𝕔𝕥 𝕆𝕟𝕖: 𝕊𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕖 𝟚

Start from the beginning

"Oh..." Emily responds, finally understanding what this conversation is about, "Yes. I'm leaving in four days. But I'm first going to my grandmother's house. I'll stay there for a few days before going to campus."

"I thought your family lives in America?" Yejune asks, the first time she is directly speaking to Emily since she came in the room. 

"My parents do. My grandmother lives here alone," Emily explained, "I'll spend a few days with her before going to university."

"And you're also going to stay there for a month?" Minseo asks. 

Emily nods, saying, "I'll be back the first week of May."

"Same as you then Yejune-ah," Minseo said, "The training center is going to get empty for a while now that everyone is going back to their colleges and schools." She sighs in between and continues, "Training is going to be very slow for a month then."

"You're the lucky one unnie," Yejune said, "You can get Coach's full attention on you while we are gone. Just imagine how much you will be able to improve."

Minseo smiled and said, "There's only so much I can do in one month. Besides, how will I improve if I don't have the both of you challenging me to do better?"

Yejune smiled at the elder in the room and said, "You'll be fine unnie." Pushing herself off of Emily's bed, Yejune yawned and said, "I should get going now. See you tomorrow morning."

"Bye," Minseo called out and before Emily could say anything to her, Yejune had already left. 

Upon seeing that her bed is free, Emily puts her water bottle and her phone on it alongside with her laptop. Going into the attached washroom and changing into her pajamas before brushing her teeth, Emily climbs into bed right away while Minseo is still seated on her table, writing something away in what  seems to be a journal. 

It is only nine thirty but the girls have to wake up at five to start their training and so Emily likes to sleep by ten to get enough sleep and relax her body. 

"Oh, by the way," Minseo speaks up right before Emily is about to fall asleep, "Coach wanted you to go to her office tomorrow morning after the outdoor training."

Emily, despite half asleep, frowned, "What for?"

Minseo shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. Maybe for your Spring schedule? I doubt it is anything serious."

.

.

.

Emily is undeniably good at running. 

When she was in middle school, their cross country supervisor wanted to recruit her for the track and field team and even butted heads with her swimming coach. 

The only reason why she even joined the track and field team in the first place is to help boost her stamina and strength in swimming. After all, it is no big secret that most swimmers tend to be good runners too as it is a part of their aerobic training. 

However Emily happened to be on the better side. 

She had been told that competing on a national level for track & field will always be an open option for her. 

But she wasn't the only good runner. 

Yejune is better than her. 

Every morning the nine girls on the swimming team ran fifteen laps around the soccer field to start off their day and the top three runners get an exemption from the 100 pushups and sit-ups their coach makes them do right after.