Chapter 440 - You Tried to Trick Me? (2)

Start from the beginning

He hesitated for a moment before continuing to speak.

"We will not involve ourselves in it either. We will not enter the battlefield on our own accord."

This was a battle that was happening in the Caro Kingdom's territory. In addition, the White Star was their bitter enemy. That was why Alberu and Cale's request for the Caro Kingdom to not get involved in the battle in any way was hurtful to their pride and a big embarrassment.

This was because telling them not to get involved was saying...

'...It means our kingdom's forces are not helpful at all in their fight against this White Star.'

Valentino felt bitter that the Caro Kingdom's strength was this useless.

"Furthermore, we will approve of the Dark Elves and the Roan Kingdom's forces coming and going through the Caro Kingdom for this battle."

The position of a ruler who had to allow foreign forces to come and go for a battle happening in his own territory... Valentino could not smile at all.

"Your highness."

He forced himself to smile after hearing Cale calling out to him and quickly added on.

"Thank you. I heard that this White Star is very strong. I heard about the black mages who follow him as well, so I want to thank you on behalf of our entire kingdom for stepping up to fight against them."

Cale quietly listened to Valentino's words and observed his expression.

– Mm, human! Isn't the truth that we called the White Star to the Land of Death?

He heard Raon's voice in his mind.

As Raon mentioned, Cale was the one who led the White Star to the Land of Death. He naturally hid that fact from the Caro Kingdom.

Otherwise, the Caro Kingdom would not cooperate with Cale and the Roan Kingdom and would instead point their blades toward them.

'Of course, the White Star would eventually stop by the Caro Kingdom even if I didn't lead him here.'

The White Star believed the final earth attribute ancient power was located in the Caro Kingdom's southern region, the land of the Whale tribe, or the Roan Kingdom's western region.

Cale felt a bit sorry for Valentino who was trying his hardest to smile but could not hide his bitterness. However, there was nothing he could do about it. He suddenly recalled what Alberu had said about this operation.

'Why are you thinking about the Caro Kingdom's feelings? If you think about it, we are the ones who are suffering. Well, you guys, not me. You guys, my aunt, and the Dark Elves.'

Alberu was certain about something.

'Crown prince Valentino and the crown might be upset. However, their pride is not more important than the lives of the Caro Kingdom's citizens. I'm sure he'll thank you.'

Valentino was thanking Cale as Alberu had suspected.
He meant it. That was why Cale was honest back.

"Your highness, thank you for granting our request."

Valentino smiled in a slightly more relaxed way with Cale thanking him as Cale Henituse and not as the crown prince's representative.

"No. You are truly a hero for what you are doing."

Cale's expression shook for a moment but Valentino continued to share his honest sentiments.

"Honestly speaking, what wealth or fame do you have to gain by fighting in the Caro Kingdom? It's just trouble for you and your peers."