Twisted Knots of Love

Start from the beginning

Celine thinks to herself, watching every flicker of emotion that passes over Imane's face.

It's been almost a month since this last happened...

Once she's settled down enough, Celine leaves for a moment, skipping down the stairs to get back as quickly as possible.

With a glass of water in hand, she runs back up and re-enters her room, seeing Imane lying as motionless as before.

"Thanks, Celine," Imane whispers, her breathing steadier, her gaze sharper.

Celine, reassured by the sound of her friend's voice, puts on a smile and hands Imane her drink.

"Can you stay here with me?" Imane asks.

"Always," Celine reassures her. "As long as you want."

Imane sets the glass down and lies her head back on a pillow, looking up expectantly at Celine.

Taking her cue, Celine slides into bed next to her, lying on an adjacent pillow. Imane rolls over, leaving their faces inches apart.

"I feel a little better already," Imane grins, a sight that warms Celine's heart from the depths of fear it was entrenched in.

A small punch of guilt strikes Imane as she notices Celine release a sigh of great relief.

"Good. You think you can get some sleep?" Celine smiles, placing one hand on Imane's cheek.

"If you kiss me goodnight," Imane smiles, revealing a hint of her usual self.

Celine scoots up an inch more, and Imane lowers her head to happily receive the kiss on her forehead.

"Goodnight. Sweet dreams," Celine says, gently fluffing her pillow.

"Night, Celine," Imane replies. "Thank you..."

...

A smile grows on your lips as you look down at the woman lying on your chest, softly snoring.

"Miyoung..." You whisper, softly tapping her cheek. "You're adorable."

"Hmm...?" She snorts, inhaling sharply, then settles back down, her lips parting slightly as she smushes her cheek into your stomach.

The feeling of her soft skin makes you tingle a bit, and as you look down at her again, you realize once again how beautiful she is.

But soon enough, you have to get up. Leaving a groaning, half-awake Miyoung behind, you descend the stairs of your home, ready to retry making breakfast.

Just don't get distracted by anything this time, and it'll turn out great! Cooking can't be that hard.

As you land on the ground floor, a figure sprawled out motionless on the couch draws your attention.

Rae!

"Oh, fuck, fuck, fuck..." You mutter, taking a step closer.

Using a pair of couch pillows as a blanket, Rae lies flat on the narrow sofa, one foot dangling off the edge.

You take another step forward, your thoughts screaming with regret. But as uncertainty tightens its grip, you quietly retreat.

I should let her rest. Interrupting her sleep just to apologize would be even worse.

Fuck, I can't believe I forgot about her! She must not have felt comfortable coming back up to join us.

You solemnly head to the kitchen, chastising yourself.