The End is NOW - A Lord of the Flies Spin-off

Start from the beginning

They had to dodge the falling buildings and trees. The fire crackled loudly. An explosion silenced the sparks, making the wildfire look pitiful. Smoke engulfed the atmosphere. Ash could be tasted as it flickered through the air. The heat from the fire beat on the childrens' skin. It was even melting nearby buildings' windows. Screams of people being attacked pierced the air. The roaring grumbles and shrieks of zombies slashed through the air. Blood soared through the air, as well as zombie, building and machinery parts. They were getting close to their hideout.

"Are we getting close?" Roger yelled.

"Yes! I took a shortcut!" Asha replied. She took a sharp turn, nearly knocking Simon out of the window. Simon yelped, rolled up the window and put his seatbelt on.

It took them only a few more minutes before skidding to an abrupt halt in front of their hideout. They grabbed their bloody weapons and piled out the car.

"Go, go go!" Julia said, whisper-shouting. Julia opened the creaky wooden door to their hideout, ushering them all to get in. Roger and Simon scrambled in, while Asha and Jack collected their weapons and brought them into the shelter. Julia took one last quick glance around the hideout to make sure no one followed them. When she knew they were safe, she slammed the door tightly, pulling back on the rusty handle, and twisting all the locks into their places. She took a loud, unsteady breath of relief. She turned to face her friends.

"Is everyone all right?" She asked. Simon and Roger nodded. Jack was picking at his fingers, and Asha was sharpening one of the knives.

"What happened back there, Asha," Julia asked. Asha responded, not looking up from her blunt knife.

"Simon n' I got separated from Jack n' Roger. We lost them in the mob. We drove off without them to find you, assuming they were in the car. Then we heard the alarm, and saw that you were back at the mob."

"We would've helped you guys..." Simon said sheepishly. They could tell he felt guilty for not helping them out.

"It's not your fault, Simon," Julia reassured.

"We need to figure out a better plan for the next big fight we get ourselves into," Roger said flatly.

"Roger's right. I say we just stab 'em all until we can escape," Jack suggested, his fingers now bleeding, though they couldn't tell if it was his own blood or zombie blood.

"That's a terrible idea, Jack," Roger argued.

"Is it now? Well what do you know? I think it's a very well established plan!" Jack protested.
Roger was about to carry on the argument.

"Oh shut up you two!" Julia yelled. The two boys grumbled and stopped fighting. Jack snatched a newly sharpened knife and slammed it into the unstable wooden table, causing Simon to yelp.

"What we need to do is jump up on them. Y'know, shock 'em! Do something unexpected that will scare them. Surround them and then get rid of 'em all!" Julia stated. Jack gave her a curious glare.

"We will need our best weapons and tools if we plan on that," Simon replied. The others agreed.

"Asha, Jack, what do we have?" Julia asked, turning to the pair. Asha had a toothy grin spread on her face. She was great with weaponry. Jack stood up and cleared his throat. He walked over to the table, where Asha had laid out their best tools. Jack and Asha leaned over the table, muttering back and forth to each other. They were studying each of the tools and weapons, debating on which ones would be their best pick. After a few minutes of watching the two pick out tools, they gathered some carefully and placed them on the table. They presented their plan to their leader.