🍃Not Outloud🍃

Start from the beginning

"Yeah yeah, just go."

----

At the ruins.

"No way, really?!"

"Mhm. A whole camp of Bokoblins, all by myself.

"You must be lying."

"It's the truth! I swear!"

I was having the best time of my life with him. He's so charming and endearing, and I'm comfortable with him. He's just so perfect...

"So-"

I tripped on a rock. That's embarrassing... I landed on top of Revali.

"Oh gosh! I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking and..."

He was blushing. And so was I. I quickly got off and helped him stand back on his feet.

"Are you okay? I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"No, no. I'm fine." He dusted himself off.

"Sorry for that... I'm feeling woozy, heh."

"Should we... should we stop for a second?" He pointed at a bench which was next to us.

"Oh, yeah sure."

We both sat on the bench, staring into the stary sky. It was a truly beautiful night.

We stayed in silence for a few minutes, in which my blush disappeared.

"I already messed it up so bad..."

Suddenly, a shooting star flew above us. It brought back a memory.

"You know... when I was a kid, I would've given anything to be like the others. No big responsibilities, just fun..."

"You wanted to be petty and dishonest?"

That took me by surprise.

"Not everyone's like that... right?"

"Yes, they are..."

"Well... you're not like that." I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"How do you know what I'm like, (Y/N)?"

"All I know is you're the most amazing person with a smug smirk I've ever met." I chuckled.

Revali chuckled back. He backed up a little, pinching himself with a little statue of a cherub.

At this point, the words were just coming out of my mouth without my brain telling them to.

"Revali, when I'm with you... I don't feel so alone."

He sighed and walked past me. "Sometimes it's better to be alone..."

"Why?"

"Nobody can hurt you." He had a sad expression on his face, and sat on the shore of the river surrounding the ruins.

I couldn't let him be like this... I walked up to him and grabbed his hand.

"Revali, I would never hurt you. And neither would anyone else in this world..."

"And I don't wanna hurt you. So let's both do ourselves a favor and stop this... please." He sighed.

At this point I wasn't even listening... I just closed my lips closer to his...

Until we were rudely interrupted.

"(Y/N), there you are! We need your help with something over at the tech lab!" It was Zelda.

"Oh well..." I got up from the floor. "I'll see you later... Revali." I grabbed a flower from a nearby bush and gave it to him... and also a quick little smooch on the cheek.

"Come on, come on! You Zonais know a lot of technology, right?" Zelda dragged me away.

"Mhm, yeah yeah..."

-Revali's POV-

They... they kissed me. I couldn't believe it.

I playfully toyed with the flower they gave me. It was a white rose. It was as beautiful as their face...

Though... I shouldn't be feeling this, should I? It's wrong.

"What's the matter with me..."

You'd think I would've learned to not be weak from all my training days but... it's so hard not to be soft around them.

"C'mon Revali... you're not in love. You can't be." I told myself as I strolled through the ruins.

"There's no way this could work anyway... right?" I held the flower tightly in my hands.

I swooned and sighed as I kept thinking about this. There was a little voice in my head telling me not to deny it, which I've been ignoring for a while, but tonight that voice was so loud...

"I thought I had learned my lesson... It feels so good when you start out, but in the end you lose them..."

I should give up. I should give in. I can't stop smiling at the thought of the kiss...

I suppose maybe this time it could be different... right?

I put the white rose on my scarf, making sure it won't fall off.

"At least out loud... I won't say I'm in love."

My face warmed up, I layed on the same spot where they had just given me the rose... and I noticed that (Y/N) forgot something. Their guitar. It was laying right next to the bush covered in roses.

I should probably give it back, shouldn't I?

A/N: Was it too obvious that I was watching Disney's Hercules while writing this chapter.