•02• Night attack

"Great Sage..." The gorilla demon seemed to relief at who it was. 

"What the hell happened here, Jin Wei?" Monkey King asked the Lotus warrior, one of the few who survived.  

"It was horrible! There was an attack, we didn't have time to react..." Jiāo láng, a fox demon chimed in beside the gorilla demon. She explains what happened, up until her ears low as her gaze went to the completely destroyed palace as the smoke cleared up a bit. Monkey King follows her glaze to the once beautiful palace that is now destroyed. Horror and fear fill his body.  

"Where..." Monkey King gulped scared of what the outcome is. "...Where is she?" He asked, his voice seeming like a whisper. All he got from them was silents. Both of the demons look away from him followed by a shake of the head from the Gorilla demon. 

"...She led the enemies outside the wall... and never came back..."  

✺~✺~✺~✺~✺~✺~✺~✺~✺~✺~

"...After that, I searched everywhere for months.... The only thing I found behind the wall.... a single trace..." Monkey King then took out a Kushi kanzashi from his pocket. It was nothing less than a comb-shaped barrette with the design at its base which is peach blossoms. Despite being a centuries-old accessory, it looks brand new.

"It's kind of ironic to think that the only thing I found was the gift I gave her

"It's kind of ironic to think that the only thing I found was the gift I gave her." He spoke with a dry little chuckle in the end. The boy's eyes widened with this new information about his teacher then softened up as he felt a pint of sadness for Monkey King.

~°~

 * Back at camp * 

"...Has anyone else noticed Monkey King's strange behavior?" Mei asked after a few minutes of silence. It's been a few hours since Monkey King and Mk went out to look for any clues about the missing Queen. 

"Yeah, he seems like he's been grumpy since Monkey Queen disappeared." Pigsy agreed with Mei as he continued making the food.

"It is not obvious?" Red Son said as he adjusted his glasses before going back to assembling a pile of firewood. "Monkey King is worried about her, it doesn't surprise me, since the two of them apparently--" Red Son was cut off by Mei gasping dramatically and came closer to him. 

 "Are you saying that the Monkey King and Monkey Queen are..." Her word trailed off as she intertwines her fingers with her own hands together, indicating what she wanted to say.  

"Not exactly!" Red Son said pushing Mei out of his personal space. He cleared his throat and continued what he was going to say. "My mother told me once, that the two of them had some kind of relationship, maybe platonic or romantic, I don't recall which one." He explained, before starting to light the fire. 

 "Um, it makes sense to be romantic, I mean he's the king, and she's the queen-" Sandy said, but stopped when she heard Red Son laugh.  

"Are you really serious?" Red Son said before laughing again. "Monkey Queen didn't get that title because of him!!" 

 "Wait, seriously? So how did she get that title?" Mei asked confused. 

 Red Son opened his mouth to explain what he knew, but Tang cut him off. "Well, what I understand from these books, she was not born in the Flower Fruit Mountain, but rather on the outskirts of a large city. The empress at that time found her and adopted her as a daughter. Years later, she was crown queen for defending the city from various demons!!" Tang said excitedly. He let out a fanboy scream while holding the book he was reading against his chest. "I've never read the Monkey Queen's origin story! I need to be kept in a safe!!" He said, referring to the book he was holding. 

"Basically, that's the story. Apparently, she is a hundred years younger than the Monkey King, meaning she was probably born while he was trapped in the mountain of the five elements." Red Son theorized.    

"And how did the two meet?" Mei asked.

"They-" Red son was cut off yet again and he looked angrily at Tang.

"From what the legends say, it was at some point during the Journey to the West. Tripitaka and the others decided to pass through the city, where Monkey Queen was in command, and she saved Tripitaka from being crushed by several barrels. It is worth mentioning that she was wearing a mask during that time. Later, they discovered they found out that she was the queen of that city." Tang explained as he adjusted his glasses, causing an air of wisdom to pass through him.   

"A mask, why?" Mei asked curiously.

"She had a rule for herself, that she didn't show her face to tourists until she deemed them trustworthy. She knew who they were, but as they were tourists in city, so she kept her mask on.... But unsurprisingly Monkey King found out about her, and the two had a fight." Tang explained.

"Wow, so the two had a relationship from: stranger, to ally, then adversary, and then friends, and maybe lovers? How complicated..." Mei said trying to figure out how their relationship is. She soon diverted her attention when they heard a rustling in the bushes and outcome Monkey King and Mk.

"Yo Mk! Did you get any clues?" she asked. 

"Not exactly. We found some strange tracks, but I don't think it was hers." Mk said, scratching the back of his head, thoughtfully.

 "What kind of trail?" Red Son asked interested in what Mk have to say. 

 "Well, it looked like giant claw marks and some broken trees, but I don't think that was her." Mk said, as he sat down on one of the logs that served as a seat.  

"Well, we'll continue our search tomorrow, we'll have more sunshine, and we'll probably find something if it's all of us." Pigsy said, handing Mk a bowl of noodles.

~°~

*Later at Night* 

The only sounds that could be heard in the camp were the crackling of the fire, and some occasional snoring from the group. Other than that, the forest was completely silent.
.

.
 Unnatural silence. 

 Without any of them noticing, a demon entered in thier camp, and went towards one of the crew. The demon stared at Pigsy, who was snoring peacefully, unaware of the danger that had come close to him. The demon licked his lips, hungry. Today he would have a good dinner... . . . 

.

.

.

Suddenly a familiar scream echoed throughout the forest. It woke everyone up from their slumber. Mk jumped up fright by the noise before looking around for his missing dad figure. "Pigsy? Pigsy?!" he shouted desperately.

"Where did he go?!" Tang shouted, being scared as well. Soon they heard another scream, coming from the forest. "THATS PIGSY!!" he screamed in terror.

Mk and Monkey King ran ahead while Red Son, Mei and Tang trail from behind. Leaving Sandy and Mô to take care of the droneship. Soon Mk and Monkey King came across the same clearing as before, the only difference was that Pigsy and a large demon were in the middle of it.  

"B-Back off, you stupid demon!!" Pigsy shouted, hitting the demon with a wooden spoon. The demon screamed back in pain, while holding his nose, after Pigsy hit him in the snout with the wooden spoon. The demon soon ignored the pain, before trying again to attack Pigsy.

 "Hey! Nobody messes with one of my friends!!"