Chapter 391 - The crazy one, the innocent one, and the laughing one (1)

Beginne am Anfang

"You want to know how far my influence is."

Cale could not help but smile at Plavin who brought the chair closer to him.

'His trusted subordinate just died but he is sitting in that same chair trying to gain new power.'

– Human! This bastard is very weird!

Yes, this bastard was cruel and weird as Raon mentioned.
People should at least be good towards their own people.

However, it didn't matter to Cale whether the Singten Merchant Guild leader cherished his trusted subordinates or not.
The only thing on his mind was taking all of Plavin's money.

30 billion counds?
Why stop there?
What about the human trafficking this bastard did in the Roan Kingdom's Gyerre territory?
There was no need to go easy on someone who had committed a lot of sins.

Cale decided to answer the question of the bastard who was looking at him like a lifeline.

"My reach is-"

Plavin's mouth became dry.

"-to the point where I know the location of the former Pope's hidden treasures?"

'I knew it!'

Plavin was satisfied with that response.

It could not be helped.
The Singten Merchant Guild leader knew that the former Pope who was killed in the magic bombs terror incident was extremely greedy.

So, would someone like that place bribes he received somewhere others could see?
He would hide it somewhere extremely stealthy that only a select few people would know about.

'This man in the white mask has enough influence that he can reach the former Pope's secret hiding spot and take things from there without others knowing.'

That was why Plavin was speaking respectfully to this man and showing complete respect.

'But it is as I expected.'

On the other hand, Plavin was slightly disappointed as well.
It was true that the man in the white mask had a high position, however, something was missing to fill the greed of someone who was aiming for connections with both the Southern Alchemists' Tower and the Church of the Sun God.
Would the man in the white mask in front of him have noticed that as well?

"You look disappointed."
"Excuse me? No, not at all."
"No need to lie."

The man in the white mask started to smile, making Plavin wonder if he had offended him.

"But here's the thing. I'm not done talking yet."

However, the man in the white mask was many steps ahead of Plavin.

"My reach is to the point I can set up a meeting between you and the representative of the Sun God I suppose?"

'What?'

Plavin wondered if he had heard correctly. He was shocked, but he tried to suppress it as much as possible.

The representative of the Sun God.
There was only one person who could be called by that title right now.
He could not help but ask once more.

"...You are talking about that person?"

The man in the white mask responded to give him certainty.

"Mm, I guess the Mogoru Empire's new light is a better title for him?"

The Mogoru Kingdom's new light and the representative of the Sun God. This could only be one person.

Saint Jack.
The person who was pretty much guaranteed to be the new Pope of the Church of the Sun God.
In other words, he was the future leader of the Church of the Sun God.