Chapter 366 - When Night Comes (4)

Start from the beginning

He then heard Cale's light chuckle. Choi Han could see Cale's expression.

"Do I have a choice?"

'What else can I do?'

Choi Han was at a loss for words after seeing the message Cale's gaze was conveying.

"You heard her too."

Choi Han then remembered how the white Dragon had called Raon, 'my child.'
He realized that Cale understood the dangers of this place as well. However, he also understood why Cale was starting to move.

"...Yes I did."
"Yes. Then we must go."

Choi Han did not say anything else and moved to stand behind Raon.

"...Human."

Cale patted Raon with his right hand and started to walk.
He could feel Raon's two paws shaking on his back.

The great and mighty Raon was still only six-years-old.
The young Dragon then suddenly heard someone say, 'my child.'

How could someone suddenly appear and say something so shocking? How shocked would a child be?
Cale could not understand why anyone would do that to a child.

That was why he had to step up as Raon's guardian.
Isn't that what the law says you should do?

Well, he didn't know if this world's laws worked the same way, but Cale decided to act according to his own philosophy. Trash never cared about the laws and did whatever they pleased anyway.

"Hooo."

The white Dragon looked at Cale who was walking toward her with a presence not fitting his small physique with interest.
She then casually made a comment.

"You have no fear."

That statement made Choi Han flinch. It made Mercenary King Bud come back to his senses as well.

The white Dragon.

Although she was small, this Dragon was most likely the owner of this white castle, the last Dragon Lord.
That Dragon was telling Cale that he had no fear.

Cale's response showed he really was not afraid.

"What are you?"

Another voice quickly chimed in as Bud flinched after hearing Cale's question.

"...It's an illusion! I, I know because I am great and mighty! That is magic! It, it's not real!"

Raon was shouting.

"Ah."

Bud finally realized that the half-transparent Dragon was made from magic. It had happened so suddenly that he had not noticed it.

Pat, pat.

Cale patted the shouting Raon's body once again. It was because Raon's voice was shaking a lot.

Cale had realized that the Dragon was an illusion even before Raon.
It could not be helped.

This white castle was the last trace that the Dragon Lord left behind.
It was the Lord's grave.

Cale started to speak.

"Are you the Lord?"

Ooooooooong.

The crown was still weakly vibrating.

"Yes."

Something happened the moment the small white Dragon responded.

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

A strand of wind surrounded the white Dragon's body.

"Open it."