Chapter 305 - From the Bottom (1)

Start from the beginning

The remaining Empire's forces, as well as the valiantly charging Whipper Kingdom's forces, had all forgotten about the battle.

The black light slowly disappeared.
Finally, they could see the clear sky again.

Paaaat-

The silver shield slowly became faint before it disappeared.
Plop. Toonka let go of his club.

Screeeeeech- screeeeeeech-

A large white skeleton bird cut through the clouds in the sky and quickly fell down once the darkness disappeared. It stopped once in the air before coming all the way down.

Everybody moved aside to let it descend.
Clopeh, the commander of the white skeleton birds who had escaped to the sky while the black light covered the ground, put the people who were in the white skeleton bird's beak down on the ground.

"Huff, huff."

Cale sat down on the ground and tried to catch his breath before looking up.
He could see Toonka's face. He had that expression of a children's cartoon protagonist again. However, Cale didn't even have the strength to frown at that.

Raon had turned invisible at some point and Mary was supporting him.
He had no strength left in his body.

– You should have just left it to the Dragon. Why did you use the shield?

The Super Rock's concerned voice could be heard.

'Then what do you want me to do?
You want the Whipper Kingdom's forces, the Empire's forces, and everyone else on the continent to know about Raon just because Arm realized the existence of a Dragon?'

He couldn't let that happen.

That was why he pulled out the last remaining bit of his strength to use the ancient power.
The Super Rock continued to speak.

– Why don't you just be honest?

He sounded full of pity for Cale.

– Just say you moved while following your instincts.

Cale bit down on his lips and ignored him.
It was annoying to listen to the nagging when he had no strength.

'Plus, I'm fine.'

He had no strength left, but he was fine.

– Human! You're going to die like this! It's not an issue of your plate now, but you'll die from a lack of strength!

He let Raon's comments in one ear and out the other.
However, there was a different concern on his mind. It was an extremely serious concern.
That concern soon revealed itself to Cale.

"Cale-nim."

Clopeh Sekka. That bastard got off of the white skeleton bird and approached Cale.

"Cale-nim, you were truly a hero! A legend! No, you were even more than that."

'Ah, he's driving me nuts.'

It was slightly awkward because the Fire of Destruction had been stronger than he had expected. But he ended up using the shield as well.
This was something even he had not expected.

His goal was for Mary to capture the Tower Master and for Choi Han to capture the Imperial Prince.
He had thought that would have equally spread the merits of this battle.
But now, he might end up as a hero among heroes at this rate. He needed to prevent that from happening.

'...I need to become just a small hero so that I can retire without any issues before I go live in a remote corner of the world.'

Cale had a small hope like that again as usual.
However, everything turned dark in front of him.