Chapter 305 - From the Bottom (1)

Start from the beginning

"Don't hurt yourself to do that."

Mary could see a silver light surround her and Cale at the same time. A small black Dragon also appeared in the area that was surrounded by the black light.

"Mary, I'm sorry! I can't save the black skeleton bird too!"

Raon had covered Cale, Mary, and himself with a silver shield.
Two layers, three layers, four layers. He covered them in four layers of shields as he continued on.

"We are too close to the explosion, so the three of us is my limit! I'm sorry black skeleton bird!"

Mary could see Raon supporting Cale's back.

"Human! I put a shield under us as well! You are an idiot! You are more of an idiot than the talkative Hilsman! You're more of an idiot than Toonka!"

Mary could see the silver shield getting eaten up by the loud explosion and the black light.
Mary subconsciously supported Cale and Raon's back.

"Thanks Mary!"

She could faintly hear Raon's voice through the explosion and could feel Cale leaning on her.
Mary recalled something else that was written in the book at that moment.

'However, we are able to purify their powers. Unfortunately, it comes at a price.'

< But we are already in pain for all of our lives as necromancers, so is there a reason to feel more pain than needed? Especially when purification is a good deed for the world? That is why I found a way to do it without paying a price. >
< Aren't you curious? >
< You just have to be almost unrivaled in strength. >
< Like me, the Sage of Death. >

Mary could suddenly see something.
She could see it even though everything outside the silver shield was dyed black, the shield was shaking and then breaking, and Raon was recreating the shields.
She could see something from the black thing outside.

< I hope you become even stronger than me. My disciple who will be reading this book. >

Mary saw the path she needed to take.

She would become stronger.
She would become unrivaled in strength.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang-!

She did not close her eyes even as she heard the explosion.
However, the majority of the people plopped down on the ground and blinked.

"Barf!"
"Baarf-!"

Some of the people could not help but barf.
They felt the need to barf after seeing Honte, the Tower Master's disciple's body glow black before exploding.
They felt an unknown sense of nausea and repulsion.
They also felt fear.

"Oooooo, ah-"

The black light shot down along with the explosion as if it wanted to attack the people.
People had dropped their weapons long ago.
The soldiers were putting their hands on the ground or clasping their shaking hands to pray.

The black light was still not disappearing.
It looked ready to come down at any moment.

"...S, shield-"

However, they could see a faint light that was blocking that black light from coming in.
It seemed extremely thin and weak compared to that overwhelming black light.

Baaaaaang! Baaaaang!

The silver shield shook over and over.
The silver light weakened and strengthened over and over again in order to hinder the black light.

"...Cale."

Toonka, the Whipper Kingdom's Commander, was blankly staring at the sky and the large silver shield. The shield was created with the Empire's dirt wall at the center. The black light looked ready to gobble up the dirt wall.
Furthermore, he was certain that he had seen Cale and Mary who were the closest to Honte being swallowed by the black light.
Toonka slowly started to walk toward the spot Honte would fall.