Chapter 292 - Playing the drums and the janggu (Doing everything) (2)

Start from the beginning

Adin thoroughly inspected Cale's face.

'It's very pale. He's seriously ill.'

He was not faking it.
Adin could be certain about at least that.
There's also no magic being used to make his skin look like that of a patient.

'He's not lying.'

Adin's gaze turned toward Choi Han.
The youngest sword master. This strong individual who suddenly appeared on the Western continent was someone they needed to be wary of to the point that he made it on the Empire's watch list.

'...His expression is too realistic for it to be an act.'

Choi Han was not saying anything as he supported Cale to sit up, however, his pupils were shaking as if his mind was chaotic from being worried about Cale.

Adin was good at reading people's emotions as he pretty much had none himself. However, even his adept observation was telling him that Choi Han was worried about Cale Henituse right now.

'Both of them make it very likely that they are telling the truth.'

That meant that the chances of Cale Henituse being that, 'brown robe,' were going down.

Imperial Prince Adin had heard everything about the battle at Maple Castle. The people to pay close attention were not the Breck Kingdom, Rosalyn, nor even the Flame Dwarves, it was that, 'brown robe.'

An ancient power. A fire ancient power.
The person that released the fire that would not go out had suddenly appeared on the Western continent. He also did not reveal who he was by wearing the robe.

That was why the Empire had placed Cale Henituse on their list of potential suspects. It was because Rosalyn was there and because it was an ancient power.

'I'm relieved.'

However, seeing Cale like this made him almost want to stop being suspicious.
That was because the Empire's mages had informed him that the brown robe was fine after using the ancient power. However, the Cale Henituse in front of him, as well as the one he saw in crown prince Alberu's video, looked as if he was going back and forth between life and death.

'It wouldn't be weird if he died right now.'

He was relieved that Cale was not an enemy, but whether he was an enemy or not, if Cale was also in possession of a fire ancient power...

'We would need to kill him.'

Cale was currently known to have three ancient powers. The shield, water, and stone spears. It would be bad for the White Star if Cale managed to get another one.
Adin was looking at Cale with an honestly concerned expression.

– Wouldn't you be overdoing it to participate in the war?
"I am okay."

'Like hell you are.'
Adin was truly concerned.

'It'll make things complicated if he dies during the Empire's war.'

He needed to die later.

He recalled what the Tower Master of the Alchemists' Bell Tower had told him.

'You're saying that this person, this Cale Henituse, has three ancient powers? Ho, tsk tsk.'

The Tower Master had commented on Cale Henituse's situation with a sad expression.

'He's going to die soon.'

Cale Henituse would soon explode and die from the clash of ancient powers.
The Roan Kingdom's growth would completely stall if Cale disappeared.

'How fun.'

That was why Adin was enjoying it.
However, he was just hoping that this weak person would not die in the Empire. That would turn the Empire and the Roan Kingdom's relationship instantly into one of animosity.
The Tower Master's voice echoed in his mind again.