Chapter 285 - Without Front or Back (1)

Începe de la început

The Mogoru Empire which had built up its strength over hundreds of years was not afraid of an enemy like the Whipper Kingdom that did not have an established history and just ran wild with someone like Toonka as their leader.

However, things changed if the Breck Kingdom entered the fray.

Huten could see the smile appearing on Rosalyn's lips. Rosalyn then responded cheerfully, matching the bright smile on her face.

"We are mercenaries."

"What?"

Huten couldn't help but blankly question her statement. He could then hear Toonka's voice.

"I hired them."

"...Commander."

Huten turned his attention back to Toonka. Toonka snickered with a look that seemed to say, 'What are you going to do about it?'

"I hired some mercenaries and bought the Dwarves from the Breck Kingdom."

"Such nonsense......!"

It was utter nonsense.

Rosalyn, who was banished from the Breck Kingdom, was technically free from the Breck Kingdom's rules. In addition, if the Whipper Kingdom had bought off the prisoners of war from them, then the Breck Kingdom would have mentioned it to the Empire out of formality. That way they would be able to say that they didn't support the Whipper Kingdom and play off the exchange as a mere transaction between kingdoms.

"Are you telling me to believe in such bullshit?"

Huten, suddenly started to speak to Toonka in an unrestrained manner.

"It was your Imperial Prince who spouted bullshit first."

Toonka gritted his teeth as he glared at Huten. A correspondence demanding a slave transaction. That was the biggest bullshit out there.

Huten snorted and looked towards Rosalyn as he started to speak.

"Rosalyn, you and the Breck Kingdom have a lot to explain to our Mogoru Empire."

The Breck Kingdom who dared to support the Whipper Kingdom and point its blade at the Empire must explain today's occurrences to the Empire and bow down to them as an apology.

That was the weight of going against the Empire.

Huten could see Rosalyn's smiling lips parting to speak. Her voice that was infused with mana rang out.

"Prepare to attack."

Huten's expression hardened.

At the same time, the sound of a group of people swiftly climbing up the stone steps of the castle wall could be heard.

Clack. Clack. Clack.

Their attires symbolized that they were mages.

Robes of all colors started to appear on top of Maple Castle's walls. Furthermore, these robed mages were channeling their mana as if they were ready to fight at any moment.

None of them has the same outfit or even mana on the same wavelength.

Everyone was prepared to channel all of their individual abilities they stood on top of the castle walls.

Their numbers were small.

However, the few soldiers who remained to defend the castle looked at the mages and suppressed their complicated emotions.

The soldiers of the non-mage faction that rose up to destroy the Magic Tower and kill all the mages didn't know how to respond to the native Whipper Kingdom mages that came to help them.