Chapter 265 - Hey Friend! (1)

Start from the beginning

Duke Orsena, the leader of the central faction, showed his shock before quickly calming himself and responding back.
However, he could not help but gasp after hearing what Alberu had to say next.

Alberu continued to speak to the shocked nobles.

"But I declined it."

He declined the crown.
That act made it clear who held the power in the Roan Kingdom right now.
Marquis Sand Ailan finally managed to open his mouth to ask a question.

"Your highness, I know that I should not question your decisions, but may I ask your reason for doing that?"

Crown prince Alberu quietly observed Marquis Sand Ailan, who had asked the question.
Beautiful blonde hair and blue eyes. The crown prince completely looked the part of a Crossman heir.
He smiled at Marquis Ailan, who did not avoid his gaze, and turned around. He then walked toward the terrace.

Chhhhhhhhhh-

The closed curtains were opened again.
At the same time, the bright light of the sun entered the room.
Crown prince Alberu put his back toward the sun as he started to speak.

"I will become the Roan Kingdom's ruler when it is at its highest point."

The Roan Kingdom that Alberu was thinking about was when it would have fully opened up its wings once again.
That was the moment Alberu Crossman would become the Roan Kingdom's new king.

"I wish to be the brightest person in a larger Roan Kingdom."

The reason he pushed back the coronation.
He desired to become the king of the Roan Kingdom once it had eaten up some of the Empire's territory. This desire was thoroughly delivered to the four noble leaders.

They could see the brightly smiling Alberu Crossman.
His face was covered with shadows because the sun was to his back, however, his gaze and smile were clearer than ever before. Alberu's calm voice echoed in the chilly room.

"Will you all take me there?"

Silence filled the area.
Alberu's voice continued through that silence as if it was a fog.

"Of course, I do not wish to shed our citizens' blood in order to get there."

'Wow.'

Cale was amazed internally.

He was pressuring the nobles thoroughly.

This really was the person who managed to handle Choi Han in the novel.
He was someone who cared about the Roan Kingdom's citizens and cared about the greater good.

However, he was also someone who did not hide his greed.

'These are his instincts. These are his instincts as a king.'

If Rosalyn was someone who threw away her royal position and chose a different path without any hesitation because of her greed...
Alberu Crossman was someone who hid the fact that he was a quarter Dark Elf and persisted even when he had no support in order to reach the position of a king for a stronger Roan Kingdom.

It might be possible that the Choi Han in, 'The Birth of a Hero,' chose to help Alberu out not just because of his glib tongue but because of his appearance as a true, 'ruler.'

'I bet that Alberu Crossman definitely becomes one of the main heroes after volume 5.'

The Alberu that Cale read about up to volume 5 only had the role of giving tasks to Choi Han and nothing else.

However, if new strong individuals or heroes other than Choi Han, Lock, and Rosalyn appeared starting from volume 6, then Cale was certain that one of them would have been Alberu Crossman.