Chapter 265 - Hey Friend! (1)

Start from the beginning

'It also creates an opportunity for each faction's nobles.'

Marquis Sand Ailan looked toward Duke Orsena, who represented the central faction.

Both Marquis Ailan and Duke Orsena were known to not be part of the crown prince's faction. Their influence was decreasing as the Roan Kingdom's name became better known.
Gaining merit in the war against the Empire was their chance to find a shortcut in order to retrieve their lost influence.

Marquis Ailan had a bitter smile on his face as he looked toward crown prince Alberu.

'The crown prince probably invited all of us here while aiming for this.'

He was scared of the crown prince's strategic mind.
However, that bitter smile soon disappeared.
Crown prince Alberu Crossman started to speak.

"Do you know the story of the Crossman royal family?"

The Crossman household had been the only royal family since the beginning of the Roan Kingdom.
There was a story related to that family.

'The Crossman ruler always has beautiful blonde hair.'

This blonde hair was the symbol of the royal family. Although the entire royal family throughout history had not been blonde, the king and the potential future kings had all always been blonde.

This was because it was said that the Crossman household had received the blessing of the Sun God.

However, the nobles did not dare to share this information out loud.
That reason came out of Alberu's mouth with an odd smile on his face.

"The Crossman royal family is said to have received the blessing of the Sun God, however, we are unable to share this story because of the Empire. This is the internal sorrow for a kingdom that is average."

The Mogoru Empire was the continent's strongest faction and the location of the largest Church of the Sun God. The Mogoru royal family had always treasured the Sun God.
That was why the Roan Kingdom's Crossman family had been unable to share this information about their roots starting at some point.

It wasn't that the Empire did something to tell them to stop, instead, the Roan Kingdom chose to shut up about it on their own. Since they were weak, they didn't want to do anything that might cause a fight.

Furthermore, other than the fact that the family received the blessings of the Sun God, the Roan Kingdom did not have a national religion. The Roan Kingdom's royal family did not push forward the Church of the Sun God to the citizens and was reluctant to have the royal family be tied closely with the church.

Alberu watched the nobles start to frown at his words before turning to look at Cale.
Although people may think that he was sincerely listening, the fact that he was staring at the ceiling made it obvious Cale was not thinking about anything right now.

'How did I end up having to work together with a bastard like him?'

The issue was that this bastard was the most trustworthy person to him.
Crown prince Alberu held back a sigh as he continued to speak.

"His majesty was originally planning on handing over the crown after this war."

'What is he talking about?'

Cale, who had been barely listening, turned toward Alberu.
Why was this crown prince saying something so important as if he was Ron talking about a kid from next door walking by the house?

Cale frowned and observed Alberu, who had announced this bomb of an announcement. However, he was not as shocked as the other nobles.

"T, that is big news! I see. I didn't know something like that had happened."