Chapter 255 - Eat Up (2)

Depuis le début

Chhhhhhhhhhhh-

The chains that arrived quickly started to tie Cale's limbs down as he tried to regain his bearings.

Cale started to frown.

Clang, claaaang.

The chains tied up Cale's limbs and started to pull him down to the bottom of the lake.
They were pulling him to the bottom, as if they wanted to never let him leave again.

The lake shook violently at that moment.

Boom-

Cale let out a breath.

"Ugh!"

The chains shook a bit. The lake started to move even more violently. Cale's body was shaking, while the firm chains finally started to shake wildly as well.

Boom. Boom.

The rumbling became even stronger.
In the end, even the chains ended up being swept up by the current.

– Run away.

The woman's voice filled Cale's mind.
Her voice started to sound far away as if she headed back into the deep part of a cave. He could hear her faint voice.

– I cannot rule over these chains.

It was at that moment.
Cale started to smile.

The reason he was able to last this long in the water started to reveal itself.

Ooooooong-

A blue light started to come out of his neck.
It was a pure blue color that could not be seen in this fog-like lake.
It was the item that was allowing Cale to be the freest inside the water.

The Dominating Water.

Cale started to use the small amount of water that he had left.
A blue light started to surround his body.

Even if it was only a small amount, its nature was that of domination.

Crackle, crackle, crackle.

The chains that had tied up his limbs started to break apart. Cale gently brushed the rest of the chains away from his body.

– ...Is that a power of domination?

Cale tilted his neck to stretch as the woman spoke in his mind.
His pupils were not as cloudy as the fog inside the lake.

His pupils that had a purpose were clear.

'Why would I run away?'

Cale would not run from a battle that he could win.
His body quickly headed toward the bottom of the lake.

He was not sinking because of the chains nor any other foreign powers.
Cale's goal was at the bottom.

His body continued to sink to the deepest part of the lake.

There was no way for the others outside the lake to know about this.
This was especially the case for Beacrox, who could not detect anything in this needle-like area.

However, he could see that the water spear suddenly stopped moving and that the chains suddenly sank into the lake. The chains looked as if they were moving in order to look for Cale.

Shhhhhhh-

The chains were moving while making those eerie noises. Beacrox's feet were twitching as if they were ready to run toward the lake.

However, he did not move. He recalled Cale's face as he jumped into the lake.

Cale was smiling when he jumped in. His face showed no signs of fear, as if he was telling them not to worry about him.