Chapter 251 - 3 Days (2)

Start from the beginning

'The young master-nim used his Silver Shield. He then also exploded the Dragon's Rage in order to create a wall of fire.'
'Then he created this wall of water which allowed the Whales to go berserk!'
'The shield broke after that. I thought that we were in serious trouble and that the young master would faint, however, at that moment, the young master-nim used an ancient power that he had been hiding. After the shield and the water, he shot hundreds of stone spears into the air!'

He had heard about what Choi Han and the others had done as well. However, Alberu could not help but question his ears after hearing that Cale used the shield, water, and then the stone spears.

'That is why I realized that the shield does not break in the end! That is all, your highness!'

Hilsman seemed extremely excited as he had veins visible on his neck from shouting. Normally, Alberu would have questioned such a recap, however, seeing the sniffling Knight Captain from the First Knights Brigade and the temporary Captain of the Mage Brigade nodding their head, he could not say anything about it.

'But a Dragon?
And not just one, but two?'

Alberu turned toward the ancient Dragon. The ancient Dragon shrugged his shoulders with a stoic expression.

"Nice to meet you."

The ancient Dragon was speaking as if Alberu was beneath him.
He had thought that this man was a guard knight, but he was a Dragon.

Alberu could not believe it.

However, Cale continued to speak.
He still had a lot of things left to say.

"Ah, and I may explode to death in three days if things go wrong."
"What? You crazy-"

"Oh."

Eruhaben let out an, 'oh,' as if he did not expect such a response from Alberu, who stopped speaking and brushed his face with both hands.
Cale continued to speak with a calm expression.

"There is an issue with my ancient powers. It is being handled with a temporary measure right now, however, it seems that I only have 3 days left."

Alberu was at a loss for words after seeing how calm Cale was right now. He didn't seem to be lying, and even then he knew that Cale would not be the type to lie about something like this.

And if he thought about it, there was a good chance what Cale was saying was true.

'The young master-nim was coughing up so much blood that I was worried that something bad might happen, however, he controlled the battlefield with a calm demeanor afterward.'

Vice Captain Hilsman's voice echoed in Alberu's mind.
He knew that Cale always got injured or needed to recuperate after using his ancient powers.
Such a person used three ancient powers that he had been saving for an emergency. Would his body be fine after all of that?

"That is why it looks like I will need to act on my own for the next 3 days."

'This stupid idiot.'

Alberu wanted to swear at Cale, but held himself back.

He felt that Cale and he were similar people from time to time. They would use sly schemes from time to time in order to profit. At the same time, they acted differently when their goal was for the greater good.

The greater good.
Crown prince Alberu was someone who walked with the weight of the greater good on his shoulder.

He finally started to speak after a long time.

"You have a 3-day break. Make sure that you return after that."

He wanted to give Cale a longer break, however, he needed to say that Cale must return.