Chapter 27

"Well, well, well,what do we have here?" someone said, making us freeze in our position momentarily before we both jumped apart, making Aaron land on the floor.

Thankfully, it wasn't Welma, it was Amanda. She laughed."I knew something was up between the two of you, I just knew it," she grinned.

"Well done, Einstein," Aaron grunted, rubbing the back of his head where he'd hurt himself while falling down. I on the other hand was looking for a hole to die in.

"Aww, aren't you sweet," Amanda said sarcastically to Aaron.

"You don't have to be embarrassed you know, Ash. It's okay.I told you I'm okay with it," she said when she noticed how I was blushing.

"You what?" Aaron asked, looking surprised when he heard this.

Amanda laughed."Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

Aaron looked at her incredulously before looking at me as if to confirm what she'd said was true.

I shrugged.

"Anyway, I just came to tell you guys that mom's taking us out for dinner, so you better get your asses moving," she said and left us standing there.

"What she just said.."

"Yeah," I replied.

"Does that mean you..."

My cheeks started burning like crazy at what he was implying so I changed the topic.

"We need to get ready."

"Okay."

And with that he left the room.

This time I made sure the door was locked before I changed my clothes.

It was only after he'd left, that I remembered that I was supposed to be mad at him.

First for creeping into my room, and then reading my journal!

How the hell had I forgotten all of that?

Idiot.

However, that could be dealt with later,I needed to change into something nice first.

I didn't know where we were going to go, so I decided to put on something that would look neither too casual, nor too fancy.

I ended up wearing  black skinny jeans with a white top over which I put on my black leather jacket.

I put on a little bit of makeup and let my hair down before deciding I was good to go.

"We match," was the first thing I heard when I stepped out of my room.

I looked at Aaron.He was right, we did match.

Like me, he also wore jeans and a black leather jacket.

Only, he lookes ten times better, and hotter. I held in a sigh as I took in his gorgeous featured yet again.

"Let's go," he said,"only if you're done checking me out, though. "

***

We ended up going to a Chinese restaurant, much to Aaron's disappointment, who was, obviously hoping to get pizza.

After placing our orders,we were all sat in our seats. Amanda and Welma were talking about a new store that had opened recently.

Aaron and I , on the other hand were arguing over who were cuter, bunnies or kittens.

Don't even ask.

I hadn't wanted to talk to him because it was too weird after Amanda had practically announced that I liked him but I also didn't want to die of awkwardness by engaging myself in a conversation with Welma and Amanda that I had no knowledge of.

So I preferred talking to Aaron, obviously.

"Bunnies are definitely cuter, I mean have you seen them?" he argued.

"Kittens are the cutest creatures alive, without a doubt," I replied.

Leaning in slightly, he whispered so that only I could hear him, "You're the cutest though."

My eyes widened as I felt my cheeks heat up. Did he really have to say things like that?

Amanda and Welma hadn't noticed this, fortunately, and were still talking to each other like they'd been ever since Welma had come
The food arrived a few minutes later and everyone  dug in.

Three arguments (between Aaron and me, of course) later, we were ready to leave.

Aaron, Amanda and I waited outside while Welma got the payment done.

I almost laughed because it was for the first time since Welma had come that Amanda had left her side.

"So,she's not that bad, is she?" I heard Amanda ask and I knew she was talking to Aaron.

"I guess."

Amanda sighed. I guess she knew that talking to Aaron about family wouldn't get her anywhere.

Shortly afterwards, Welma came out of the restaurant.

"Ready to go?" she asked and we all nodded eagerly, all of us were tired.

We all got into the car and drove off.Amanda put some music on. It was an old song from a band whose name I did not remember, but I loved the song all the same.

Turns out, it was a hit amongst the Woods siblings too and we all started humming along.

And for the first time it almost seemed like they were a normal family.

***

The next day, I was late . I'd set the alarm but had failed to wake up on time.I was now left with only ten minutes to get ready, have breakfast and leave.

I guess breakfast wouldn't be an option today.I sighed dramatically before frantically getting changed.

I quickly ran a brush through my hair,and left it down while simultaneously putting on my Converse.

I checked my phone.

7:35.

Ah, thank God.

Oh, crap! Aaron must have already left!

What was I supposed to do now?

Casting one last look at my reflection, I sprinted down the stairs hurriedly.

As soon as I got downstairs, I saw no one around.

Just as I was about to start hyperventilating, someone spoke, startling me.

"Took ya long enough. "

I turned to my left to see Aaron standing there, tapping away at his phone.

"You're still here?" I asked, surprised.

"Duh," he looked up, rolling his eyes.

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"Oh trust me, I tried," he snorted, putting his phone into his pocket. "Grab something to eat. We gotta go."

I quickly grabbed an apple from the kitchen and followed him outside into the car.

As the car drove away, I couldn't help but  feel happy about the fact that Aaron had waited for me. I knew it wasn't that big a deal but it made me smile to myself as I looked at him beside me.

We got out of the car and entered the school building, walking side by side.

"Why did you wait for me?" I finally blurted out.

"Because I wanted to."

Hesitantly, he raised one hand upto my cheek and he gave it a gentle stroke, before giving me a look that made my insides melt, and going off to his class.

***