𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝟓𝐓𝐇

"look, i think that if-"

"diego, can we not talk about this ple-" i looked up from my phone to see a big crowd around the main entrance.

i pushed my way through the crowd to see justin and clay at the front.

"monty was framed" was spray painted across the office doors. immediately my mind raced and i had to get out of there.

while escaping the crowd, i bumped into diego.

"maia, are you okay?" he asked me.

"did you do that?" i whispered to him. "do what?" he asked me.

"don't play dumb diego, the fucking spray paint!" i said as i pulled him aside.

"maia, i have absolutely no idea about what you're talking about." he said.

i grabbed his arm and once again pulled him through the crowd. he looked at it and scoffed.

"shit." he whispered to himself.

"i thought i told you not to make a big deal about it?" i asked him. "i didnt do that maia. have i ever lied to you?" he asked me. i sighed, "im sorry. its just the tour,"

"seriously? little miss perfect, all a's is worried about a college tour?" he chuckled.

"its just, what if i change my mind? about stanford?"

"i think that you know what's best for you." he said then pecked my lips.

he then grabbed my hand and smiled. "everything will be okay, trust me."

"okay, well," i slowly let go of his hand, "i have to go take care of some stuff for cheer,"

"is it the new uniforms? did they come in yet?" he asked me.

"that is a secret and i know that you cannot keep one." i giggled. he smacked his lips, "im the captain of the football team, and your boyfriend. i at least think i should get a glance."

"no, means no." i winked.

he sighed. "i'll see you on the bus," he said.

i nodded and headed off to the new and improved cheerleading office. i began unboxing the uniforms, but as doing so, i heard footsteps approaching. it was justin.

"you shouldn't be here." i said as i closed the box back up.

"relax, im not here for that. i came to talk to you about this morning. you seemed pretty anxious."

"its nothing i just, i don't want diego to get suspicious." i lied.

"yeah, right."

"what? you seemed pretty on edge too." i shrugged.

"listen, maia. i don't think diego has the best intentions for you. i mean-"

"justin, who are you to tell me who i should and shouldn't be with? were not together anymore." i said sternly.

"its not that i just, i want to make sure you're not in any danger. if theyre the ones who are doing this, you're vulnerable."

"you should really be more worried about clay. he doesn't seem like he's getting any better."

he took in a deep breath. "you're right. he's not. i guess-"

"good morning, seniors. it is time to make your way to the buses for the college tour." principal bolan said over the loud speaker.

"i have to go," i said and put the box back in the closet and locked it. i then exited the office and made my way to the bus to meet diego.

"hey," i said giving him a side hug and a short smile.

"so what did they look like?" he asked me. "diego!" i giggled.

we then got on the bus and sat next to each other. the rest of the football team were behind us. i then got a text from clay asking me where i was. i turned my phone off and rested my head on his shoulder.

"you okay?" he asked me. "its justin. he thinks that im not safe with you. i told him im none of his concern anymore."

"do i need to handle it?"

"i got it," i looked at his watch, "sanderson is so stupid, i don't even know why i would pick this." i chuckled.

the bus ride was only about forty five minutes and cramped.

'look, they don't even have a cheer team." i complained. "that's your main priority?" he asked me.

"um, duhh." i laughed.

"hey, i know a friend here. what if we...ditched the tour and chilled in his dorm?" he whispered in my ear.

"you're such a bad boy," i winked, "lets do it."

he looked over the crowd and held me back. "let me make a call," he pulled out his phone, "i'll have luke let us know when were leaving and we shall have our fun."

i waited for him to give me the okay, then we found his friends fraternity house.

"is that clay?" i asked diego. he was playing beer pong with zach. "fuck," i pulled diego aside, "no, diego. we cant. not here." i whispered.

he sighed. "maia, im like, so confused. what is really going on between you and clay?"

"nothing-" i shook my head, "i just worry sometimes. he know's a lot, well think he knows a lot and i don't want you in trouble, okay?"

he sighed. "now im gonna have blue balls." he chuckled.

"lets just get out of here," i rolled my eyes and pulled him. luckily the tour guide didn't get too far away and we rejoined the group.

LATER THAT NIGHT

as i got into bed i turned my tv on. diego walked around to the other side and stared at me.

"are we really going to have a sleep over?" he chuckled.

"i mean you can just tuck me in and leave," i said.

he rolled his eyes and got into bed with me.

"so, clay and zach?" he asked me.

"honestly, i don t know what the fuck is up. like, getting almost arrested by campus security. im worried diego."

"you keep saying this, maia. why?"

i kissed his lips and sighed. "its just, lets forget about it okay?"

he put a hand on my thigh and gently rubbed it. "i love you."

"i love you too."