Chapter IV - The Training Continues

Start from the beginning

(Y/n) sighs in relief, pleased to see that Satoru remained as his usual self, "Sure, okay, you got me." She turns her back at him so that she can retrieve the water bottles that they brought with them in their travels, "Let's take a five minute break. We've already been training for an hour."

Satoru departs from the mess of rocks with ease, "Okay!"

On a fallen log, initially a tree, Satoru and (Y/n) drink water from separate bottles. While Satoru was taking a much longer sip, (Y/n) had took it upon herself to tell him, "Compared to your cursed technique, your martial arts skills are much more to go on about, Satoru-kun. The fact alone that you acquired the basics after a mere month is already impressive."

Satoru finishes drinking his water and puts it aside to then request, "In that case, it's about time you taught me how to improve on my cursed technique: Limitless! I got the kicks and punches down, now you just got to teach me how to use the cursed technique that will amplify it!" He goes down from the log and begins to mimic a series of weak punches and kicks, "By the time the six months are over, I'll be punching those bad guys so far up, into the sky! And I'll be flying all over the place, like you do!"

"I already told you, you have to master the fundamentals first." (Y/n) reinforces Satoru to stick to the plan she already made for him, "Part of your technique is to stop things. Remember what we called it?"

"Infinity."

"Yeah. In order for you to develop your cursed technique, you'd have to master that first. Every cursed technique functions that way, in which we have to advance it in every aspect possible. Think of it like a game, where you have to get a key in order to unlock the door that has another key that's meant to be the goal. You can't exactly skip a step if you want to be the strongest, now can you? Unless you get Infinity down, you won't get anywhere from this point on."

Satoru pouts, averting eye contact from her as he sulks, "Yeah, yeah, I know...and even without mastering Infinity, my attacks won't be as strong if I just imbue my cursed energy into my fighting, right? I get it, I get it..."

"If you get it, you wouldn't be pouting, now would you?" (Y/n)'s smile returns on her face.

"Because it's too hard!" Satoru groans, whining in saying, "That would mean I'd have to use Infinity almost constantly! I can't do that!"

"Of course it's hard. Because it's your cursed technique. No one would master their cursed technique on the first go, not even you. After all, you're still just a child; keep in mind that kids your age are only finding out that they have a cursed technique at all, so you're ahead several milestones ahead of those your age."

"But, still..."

"No complaining." (Y/n) advises, "Try to use Infinity."

Satoru nods in obligation, tucking in his fists at the sides of his waist so that he can get into a stance that he is most comfortable with. He closes his eyes, concentrating on gathering the cursed energy that resides with him, in order to activate Infinity with his own free will. Soft groans of frustrations can be heard from his mentor.

"Don't force it. Blend your cursed energy with the way your body functions. Will it like how you breath. Do that, and Infinity will take control on its own accord from that point on."

It isn't long before Satoru reaches his limit in trying, "I can't do it, I'm telling you!" He walks back to the log that (Y/n) was sitting on, in a depressing manner, "It'll take me a month to get it down..."