Chapter 2

I DO NOT OWN HARRY POTTER OR  THIS STORY!!!!!! Thank you 

Jade Green Eyes

by Jendra

"You obviously decided to stick with it." Draco murmured.

Harry nodded. "Jeri introduced me to some friends of hers and they convinced me to do it for a week, non-stop. I found out that I really liked it. I love the way the clothes feel on me. I love the way they make me feel. And I'm much happier as Jade Lilith Jameson than I've ever been as Harry James Potter."

"What are you going to do when school starts?" Draco asked.

Harry sighed. "Put my dresses and make up away until next summer, I guess. Going to school as a girl would pretty much ruin it as a disguise. I'll live. It's been six months, surely they'll get over it soon."

Draco just sneered.

"Yeah, I know." Then Harry shook his head, and that bright smile appeared again. That smile that Draco had already seen more times today than in the entire year that they had been friends. "But right now, no one but you knows who I am. I can go anywhere, do anything. I'm free."

"What about those Muggles you live with? What do they think of this?"

"Like promised, they haven't seen me since summer began. I still sleep in the spare room, but it's secure so that they can't get in, I just fly up to the window and let myself in, then back out again the next morning. I find a cafe to eat in then spend most of the day at the Muggle library, or come down here to the bookstore. Now that I don't have to worry about Voldemort anymore, I'm trying to find something that really interests me. It's time to start thinking about what I'm going to do when I graduate, so I've been learning lots."

"Figure anything out?" Draco got up and held out his arm automatically, as he would to any lady of his acquaintance. He didn't even realize what he'd done until Harry started laughing. He started to lower it, but Harry grabbed hold before he could, and the two of them walked out, arm in arm.

"Not really. There's a lot more to magic than I ever guessed, even after the extra lessons Severus gave us last year."

"What about Quidditch?"

Harry shook his head. "I enjoy it because I love to fly and I enjoy competing, but I don't want it to be my life. I could no more live without flying than you can, but using my wings is even more enjoyable, don't you agree?"

Draco laughed as they wandered down the street. "You know I do. There's absolutely nothing like being up there at the mercy of the air currents. No magic, no thought, just pure flight, the wind catching under your wings, taking you up, ever higher until the atmosphere can no longer hold your weight."

Harry had a far away look in his eyes and a gentle smile on his face. "Sometimes I'd dream of just flying off. It didn't matter where, just... away. And never coming back."

"I haven't seen you out flying for a while." Draco questioned subtly.

Harry shook his head, his eyes now filled with regret. "After that last incident, I found myself with another dream. I dreamed I flew up as high as I could... and then let myself fall."

Draco's eyes went wide in disbelief. He grabbed Harry's hand off his arm and dragged him into a nearby alcove. Once there, he pushed the other boy up against the side of the alley. "You what?" he whispered, only his years of training in not making a scene kept his voice from rising. "Are you telling me you thought about killing yourself?"

"Is there a problem here?" Lucius smooth voice inserted itself between them once again.

"Not at all, Father. I'm simply waiting for an answer to my question." Draco's voice, eyes and demeanor were still completely fixed on the girlish boy in front of him.