Chapter 1

I DO NOT OWN HARRY POTTER OR  THIS STORY!!!!!! Thank you 

Jade Green Eyes

By Jendra

A young witch strolled down the middle of Diagon Alley. Her long black hair floated around her shoulders and her bright green eyes danced with delight. About sixteen years of age, small and slender, she window-shopped happily, ignoring the teenage, and sometimes older, boys who were watching her lustfully.

Many sighs were given as her entire face lit up and she started running towards someone. The sighs of longing turned to ones of disappointment as those watching saw her run up and grab the arm of a blond teenage wizard. Especially considering just *who* the blonde was.

"Drake!" she squealed, albeit quietly.

Draco Malfoy glared at the barnacle on his arm as he tried to figure out who it was. Another groupie, no doubt, but this one didn't look familiar and wasn't at all unsettled by the fact she was grabbing the scion of one of the richest, most important, and most dangerous of the wizarding families of Britain. Ever since he and his father had helped Potter defeat Voldemort, he'd had to put up with random attacks of giggling girls convinced that since he was on the side of 'Good' he couldn't possibly be as bad as people had said. He enjoyed showing them differently. By now, over six months since the Dark Lord's defeat, most had gotten the message and would leave him alone. This one, however...

"Don't you recognize me Drake?" the girl asked, smiling at him.

Draco took a long look at the witch on his arm. She was at least half a foot smaller than his 5' 10", slender but lithe with long, wavy black hair and green eyes. Jade green eyes. Familiar jade green eyes. And just how many people called him Drake, anyway? He looked at the top of her forehead, but nothing was there. Still, another look at the laughing green eyes and the smile he'd seen only a couple of times before, solidified the amazing thought. "Harry?" he wanted to shout but whispered instead.

"Yes, Drake?" the black-haired youth grinned back at him.

"How... why?" For once the young Slytherin was at a loss for words.

"Who's your companion, Draco?" a smooth voice interrupted. The twosome turned quickly, gazing into the visage of Lucius Malfoy.

"Father," Draco said hesitatingly. "This is... um..."

"Jade, Mr. Malfoy," the witch, who was a wizard, smiled brightly.

Lucius Malfoy swept a gaze over the girl in front of him. The green silk shirt she was wearing was only a shade darker than her brilliant green eyes, while the black, knee-length skirt had the color, but none of the luster of her hair. Black, high-heeled ankle boots added at least an inch to her height, while the discreet jewelry and makeup added a touch more sophistication. He had to admit the clothes were simple, tasteful, and elegant even if they were Muggle. The only wizarding touch was the cloak clasped at her neck and swirling down only slightly past the end of her skirt. He took another moment to look at her face, high cheekbones, and a determined chin backed up by a look in her eyes that said she was no one to be messed with. Her features were too strong to be conventionally pretty, instead, she had a beauty that would last as she grew older, with no glamour spells required. He could see what his son might see in her, if he was interested in that gender he might make a try for her himself. Time to find out more about this possible future daughter-in-law.

"I don't believe I've met you before, and I know Draco hasn't mentioned you. Do I know your family?" he asked smoothly.

She grinned cheekily at him. "Of course, we've met before Mr. Malfoy, and I'm sure that Drake here has mentioned me at least a time or two, haven't you?"