Is this real?

finally, I hear the door open, I know it's Bella. She walks up the stairs and I jump out from the spare room.

"BOO!"

Bella: OH SHIT, jesus christ. BRITNEY? OH MY GOD.

I give her the biggest hug, really taking the moment in knowing she's not much of a hugger.

Bella: when did you get here, is mom with you?

"no, she had to stay on the road but I wanted to come see you and thought I could stay a while. What have you been up to?"

Bella: My life has been pretty confusing recently, I don't know, actually I was hoping you could help me with something?

"really Bells? I'm your sister, you know you can always talk to me no matter what, I will always be there for you, for ANYTHING."

Bella: yeah, of course, duh. Even if my request sounds insane?

"even that, but what are you talking about?"

She whisks me away to her room and shuts the door. It's unlike Bella to be secretive, most of the things she says and does are so boring there's no reason to hide them. Reading, music, naps. Somethings telling me this is somewhat out of the ordinary for Bella, something's wrong. I knew it. She's sitting me down, telling me about these things happening in her life that seem so unreal it's hard to even pay attention. Telling me about Edward, I can tell she likes this guy, no, she is infatuated with him. As if everything he does has a hidden meaning, as if he's a mystical god.

Bella: I don't know what he might be but I know it can't be human. There's something wrong Brie. His hand, stopped a moving car, he's super fast, he skips outside lunch, his eyes change color in seconds, he reads minds. I know you're good with research, do this, please.

She's so serious, there's no way she's joking, there wouldn't be glimmers of hope in her eyes like this. I don't want to believe the things she is saying, he sounds superhuman, unreal. I also don't want to accept my sister has lost her mind so I cling to the idea that something IS wrong with Edward. "okay bells, i believe you, what do you need me to do?"

Bella: thank you, I just want you to research the things he has said, the things I've observed that he won't admit to.

So I agree, my sister has gone insane and I have agreed to support and continue her delusion. I leave the room for a little bit and come back with my laptop, some extra cords, a charger, and an extension cord. I set up in her room and started to research, typing, clipping, compiling, cross referencing. Putting every bit of insanity together in a document, finding a reality in this mess. When something clicks, the first piece fits together. Stringing from an old story, vampire vs werewolves. It seems insane but the more clips I find from different sources on the same topic, the way they click together is the same as research you would do on any old history book. I even find that there's an ancient story about these very lands. There is just one thing, one thing that seems to bother me, if Edward is a vampire.

Where are the wolves.

Still I go and buy the book, I give it to her as well as print the documents of research i have, supporting her, slowly realizing it may not actually be the delusion she's chasing. But something real, something terrifying she has found beauty in. I feel like I am losing my mind too, scrambling, I've memorized that book like the back of my hand and still I can't think about where they could be hiding.

The wolves.

Where are they.

Why do they hide so well.

Why was Edward so much easier to catch.

How do I find them.