♡Kitty Kitty!♡

//Cat boy Aether hehe ima indulge myself in this one//

In this world where hybrids between domestic pets and humans exist

In this world where hybrids between domestic pets and humans exist...human 'pets' rights were a...odd thing.

Xiao didn't  want to get into that sort of drama as there were people who believed that these human pets should be pets or should be apart of the society instead of pets. Xiao found this situations messy and un-interesting...

Until he found a box on a random street he decided to walk in, a cat-boy sitting patiently waiting. Xiao was confused "uhm-" awkward as he is "are you waiting for someone?"

silence....

Xiao felt a pang of guilt when he sees the cat-boy who seemed a bit too thin..Xiao at the moment had a few biscuits in his hand and gave some. The cat-boy took it and stared directly into Xiao's soul, it wasn't creepy- it was oddly endearing.

Xiao felt a small blush in his face when he saw those cute eyes and decides thats enough for him to turn around and go home, Xiao expected to return home himself but...

The cat-boy followed him in all his cat-like dignity striding confidently obviously making his way into Xiao's apartment without even a word. Xiao didn't notice until the cat-boy finally spoke, 

"Im living here now."

And just like that the 'little' cat-boy lives rent-free in Xiao's apartment with all of his attention and affection

Xiao in his mind thought he'd kick out the cat-boy eventually...but his gentle heart that's been won over so easily...could never think about kicking him out.

Xiao learnt this sassy and elegant cat-boy's name which is Aether. Quite fitting.

Its been 4 weeks since he's let Aether live with him and it took alot of getting use to, such as the type of food, bed and toys...but Xiao complied to all those needs if that gosh-darn cat wasn't so cute- 

Xiao lets out an audible sigh, "what have I become" he stretches his fingers taking a break from his laptop, Xiao occasionally works from home now became he has to take care of his kitty. Though it fills him to the brim to spend time with Aether and his cute little paw-hands, face and rubbing his belly, Aether is a very impulse driven cat ready to ruin furniture for scratching, typing random things in his keyboard and jumping to shelves to shelves. Which is frustrating but at the same time amusing.

So far all of Xiao's experiences with Aether were with mixed emotions he thought wasn't possible after having Aether. 

But this time....

Xiao was on the coach stretching his back until his little kitty just jumped onto his lap "Oof!" Aether stares at him with his big ol' eyes which Xiao can never say no to..not like he was going to say no anyways, this is a dream come true! Aether finally approached Xiao this time!

Xiao smiles and pets his head, meeting his floofy hair and cat-ears. Aether slowly falls asleep, nuzzling his head on Xiao's chest and twitching his ears. 

"Life is good" 

"Life is good" 

Xiao's phone started to ring, he sees that its from his sister- but the phone was on the tv table and Xiao had to get up to answer it "uh-" 

That immediately woke up Aether, knowing that his owner often uses the phone when it rings he jumps off and mind his own business again.

"WAIT NO AETHER-"

Xiao yelped 

but Aether was already on the floor and heading to the kitchen for a snack, while Xiao was left frozen in place. 

Heart broken...

'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'

"hey Xiao!" A sweet voice spoke over the phone

"Hi.................."

"woah- why do you sound so grumpy? sad? is it Aether again? did he scratch the sofa-"

"Nuuuu-"

"eh?"

"He was on my lap sleeping- but then you rang the phone!"

"oh...s-sorry..?"

Xiao sounded so dejected that Ganyu didn't have the heart to continue on with the conversation.

//628 words//