ch. thirty one

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE . . .
. . . TWINS !

After Suguru helped her back into the bed, Miran stared into the void for some time, waiting for the man to come back with food. Miran noticed then how parched she was, her mouth dry and her stomach felt empty, empty.

She sighed, her finger raveling around the ones on her other hand, tense from the darkness presented in front of her. She didn't even know where she was staring off. North? South? East? West?

Then the door creaked open once again, this time it wasn't the familiar presence of her friend. Miran was sure it wasn't Suguru, the curse energy she sensed was more small, lightly compared to the Curse User. However, there was some sort of familiarity from those twin-like energies.

Two pairs of feet pattering on the floorboards, there were children present. They whispered to each other, curiosity getting the best of them, they were girls, twins if Miran assumed. Their curse energy was so similar as if it were the same person.

She smiled, "I could hear you."

Small gasps came from the far right of her bed. One of the girls shuffled closer, "Sorry! It's just-"

"You don't need to apologize," Miran hushed out, turning to where the small voice came from. They were definitely girls, "What are your names?"

One of the girls spoke up, "My name is Hasaba Nanako! This is my sister, Hasaba Mimiko!"

"Hi!"

She smiled softly, sensing the small nervousness they had, she maintained a gentle atmosphere with the girls, "Well, Nanako, Mimiko, what are you doing here?"

"Master Geto lets us visit you a lot!"

Miran tilted her head, playing along, "Really?" She knew Suguru must have been visiting frequently, she hoped all of them were, the 2nd years and 1st years. Miran's thoughts shifted to the girls, not wanting to be overwhelmed again by the thought of the past. Only one question, famines with her:

How did Suguru meet these two?

The girls did have curse energy, so it was likely they resided in Jujutsu High or with one of the clans. However, she could detect any special form of curse energy like Satoru's. Miran could hear the bouncy mess of one of the girls, she jumped up and down happily, "Mhm! Tell her Mimiko!"

The girl hummed, "We made you gifts and put them in a box under the bed. So when you wake up, you can open them," Mimiko said quietly. Out of the two, Mimiko was the quieter one, not shy, just quiet. Then her sister, Nanako had a more extroverted, outspoken voice.

It reminded her of them. Gumi was also quiet, while Tsumiki was the larger voice for both of them...

Miran's soft expression faltered for a moment, "That's very thoughtful."

"Since you're special to Master Geto, you're special to us!" It was nice to speak to the girls, they held such a bright atmosphere, one Miran ache for dearly.

She missed her kids.

Who knows how long has it been, days, weeks, months? She made a promise to Megumi, how's she would be home as soon as possible.

She broke her first promise to him.

Miran shook her head, motioning the girls over. She shifted, so her legs dangled on the side of the bed, lifting her hands in the air. The girls immediately understood, completely coming over, so Miran could pat their head. She did, and it somehow felt the same as how Master Geto does it. It makes them fuzzy with love, happy in making them happy. The girls giggled and the door opened. They didn't notice Suguru coming back into the room until he spoke, "I see you've met the twins."