3

Trix

"Stop. Just stop. Okay, Joe I need you to take that from the top again with a little more, I don't know, flavour? Pete isn't liking the way it's sounding with the mixing back here."

Working with Fall Out Boy was turning out to be this amazing challenge. The guys had a really specific way of how they wanted things to sound and what needed to emphasised sonically. I loved it; I was being pushed to my boundaries.

Joe had done his guitar work according to what Pete said was perfect in relation to my mixing and we decided to call it a day. We hadn't even recorded a full song but according to what Patrick explained, they always took their time on the first track they recorded to get back into the pace of recording and things usually went a lot smoother thereafter. I didn't question their process and I worked with what they wanted because they were paying the bills after all.

I was semi-hoping the guys would think about rescheduling the chill session that we'd initially agreed to but Joe was relentless. "So, since you're going to be drinking, how about Andy drives with you to your place and you can leave your bike there and you meet us at the hotel and we'll go with Lucas?"

Lucas's eyes lit up like New York. "That is so thoughtful! Sounds great to me if everyone else is okay with it." Pete looked a little scared but said it was cool. Lucas was such a man hoe. I gulped and agreed to Andy following me.

We walked out and I lit myself a cigarette before hitting the road home, reminding myself to ask if we could stop at a store to get some stuff. My mom had always said it was bad manners to go somewhere without taking a gift or something to contribute. I turned around and my curt attitude shocked me. "Hey Andy, may we stop at a store before we go to your hotel please?"

Andy sensed everything. I knew this because he had a gaze that could burn into the back of your head when it was placed on you and I felt the full impact of it. He timidly responded, "sure, I don't mind. If you'll tell me where to go once we've dropped off your bike because I'm not great with directions."

I merely nodded then flicked my expired cigarette. "Okay, I'm ready to leave so I don't know if you want me to give you the address as a back up?"

He seemed more and more reserved with every sentence I uttered. "Yeah, that's a good idea. Maybe I should take your number too in case." He held out his phone to me and I silently punched in my digits then climbed on my bike, slipping on my gloves and helmet.

"Let's go!"

Andy

I had no idea what I had said or done to Trix to upset her so much. She really seemed like a nice lady and I would love to get to know her better. On the surface she was stunning; I loved how her raven hair fell just perfectly, framing her tanned skin and highlighting her eyes that seemed to shimmer as she got lost in the music she was working on but all of that seemed to change as soon as she looked my way.

I wasn't one to pry or stick my nose in other peoples business but I also believed that you didn't have to be rude to get a point across. Not everyone would like everyone they met in the world. She just didn't have to be so... blatant.

My thoughts must have carried me away because before I knew it, we were pulling into an apartment complex where I assumed Trix stayed. I waited for the gate to open and followed her through. She literally parked her bike and got straight into the car. "Glad you didn't get lost." She stated brusquely.

I scratched my head, "yeah, thanks for going easy on me I suppose."

That elicited a scoff from her, "hope you enjoyed it honey. It's the only time you'll ever be able to say I went easy on anyone."

I had no reply to her snide comment and a long drive to go. "Where did you want to stop?"

She snapped out of her Miss Priss attitude, "Oh! Your next left? There's a convenience store right there. Thank you."

I parked and we got out, me wanting to see if there was anything I could get for myself to snack on while everyone ate their pizza and had a booze cruise and it seemed Trix had the same idea as she headed straight to the fresh produce isle with a basket in hand.

I was picking through fruit cups when I accidentally bumped a strangers hand.

"Oh my goodness! I am so sorry!"

In front of me stood a blonde, about my height, with the bluest eyes I had ever seen and the cutest little mouth. I couldn't help but smile shyly. "No problem."

"You're Andy Hurley! I'm really sorry I didn't know who you were! I should have paid more attention to what I was doing."

I chuckled at her word vomit and brushed it off. "Relax. I'm just a dude in a supermarket looking for some fruit cups. Can I get your name since you know mine already?"

This caused the blonde to blush even more. "I'm really on a roll with the clumsiness today. I'm Toyer."

I then had idea. "It's really nice meeting you Toyer. The band and I are in town for a few days. Maybe I could get your number and we could hang out sometime?"

She smiled and punched her number into my outstretched phone. I was racking up on girl's digits today. "Hope I'll hear from you sometime soon Andy."

Just then a throat cleared behind me. "Hey, I'm done. Are you ready to go or should I wait outside?"

The tension in Trix's voice was thick and I felt a little mad at how she was getting annoyed over every move I made but I said my goodbyes to Toyer and merely followed Trix out at a distance.

Without a word, she got into the car and as soon as I started driving, she cracked open a beer bottle.

This woman was far too highly strung for her own damn good.