Des’s face suddenly changed, going from calm to anger in a blink of an eye. He then grabbed a fist full of Harry’s shirt, pulling him clother to his face as a gasp escapes my lips in shock of Des’s actions. “You don’t tell me what to do, buddy,” Des spits out. I watch in fear as Harry’s jaw clenches. “I’m stronger than you. Stay in line.”

            He releases Harry forefully, slamming his back into the wall, making the picture frames hung up on the wall rattle. “Fuck,” Harry muttered as he fell.

            “I’ll be back later to visit your mother,” Des announces, before walking out and slamming the door shut.

            As soon as he leaves, I run over to Harry, crouching down in front of him. “Are you okay?” I ask worriedly.

            Harry nods, a quiet sigh escaping his lips as he leans his head back against the wall. “Bastard,” he mutters.

            It’s sad to see the rough relationship Harry has with his dad. My relationship with my own father is nothing compared to Des and Harry’s. Des actually picked up and slammed his own son against the wall, wherelse my dad only slapped me. I’m not saying that that’s okay, but you can only physically harm your kid so much. Even at that, you shouldn’t do something like that. It damages them, and I don’t mean just physically.

            “Come on,” I say, grabbing his hand. “Stand up.”

            “I’m fine on the floor,” Harry grumbles, pulling my hand from his grip. I bite my bottom lip, and then sit down on the floor next to him. My left shoulder brushed against his upper right arm as we sit in silence. “I’m sorry you had to see that,” Harry’s husky voice broke the silence.

            “Don’t apologize,” I say, turning my head to the left to look at him. “It’s not your fault.”

            He nods slightly, before letting out a breath. “I can’t have him anywhere near Mum.”

            “Is Des the reason why you’re so skeptical of Robim?” the question rolls off my tongue before I could stop myself. “Because you’re afraid that Robin will treat her the way Des did?”

            Harry sighs and nods. “My mum has already been through a lot of shit dealing with Des. Plus, she has the burden of caring for me when all I do is get into fights and –”

            “You’re not a burden,” I cut him off incredulously, shocked that he would say such a thing. “You’re her son, Harry. Anne loves you with all her heart. You’re not a burden, trust me.”

            Harry just shakes his head, curly hair ruffling. “I know it hurts her to see me get myself into trouble. She’s disappointed in me.”

            I look at him, eyes widening. “Why would you say that?” I ask. “Who bloody cares if you get into fights, or go out and drink? Jesus, Harry, I feel like I have this conversation with you at least a hundred times.” I let out a sigh, running a hand through my somewhat wet hair. “You’re letting what your dad said get to you, aren’t you?”