Chapter 19

"Wait, I remember now. All I have to do is stop the flow of Chakra!" Remembering this, Chiyo became a bit more confident that both she and Naruto would be okay. Seemingly both getting the same idea, the pair closed their eyes. The black-haired girl took a deep breath, trying her best not to get distracted. 

"Please let this work," she thought to herself, though it was difficult at first, neither of them gave up. As the swarm of birds began descending toward the two of them, they didn't make a move. And to Chiyo's relief, they began to disappear. However, the relief didn't last long as the birds morphed once more, this time turning into ninja stars. Unable to dodge in time, both Naruto and Chiyo winced as the blades hit them. One grazed the girl's shoulder, while another was stabbed into her leg. She held in a cry of pain as she stumbled a bit, but kept her balance. More of the weapons rained down, but they couldn't keep them from hitting her. Chiyo yelped as her clothes were torn and she felt the pain of being stabbed several times. Naruto wasn't doing any better either. Suddenly, as Naruto stood there in pain, something strange began to happen. As if he were made of paper, his skin began peeling away, causing Chiyo's eyes to go wide. 

"Naruto!" She shouted out, but she suddenly stepped back, shocked by what she was seeing. Half of the blond's face was replaced with what seemed to be a different version of Sasuke. And he seemingly lost control of his movements. He tried to struggle, but it wasn't enough. His hand now moving on its own wrapped itself around Naruto's throat, trying to strangle him. 

"He's after Naruto, I have to do something," Chiyo said, glancing over at Itachi, in a short moment, she unsheathed her sword and ran toward him, hoping she could do something. She swung the blade toward the man, who finally looked in her direction. Before the blade could hit him, she was suddenly knocked back to the ground. Laying there, she heard a familiar, haunting voice. 

"Chiyo," the voice said before another set of hands grabbed the handle of her sword and turned the blade toward her instead. Using as much strength as she could muster the black-haired girl tried to keep the blade from stabbing into her stomach. Just barely avoiding the blade, Chiyo glanced back over at Naruto, horrified by what she was seeing. His body had morphed even more than before. A version of Sakura was poking through his jacket, an image of Kakashi appearing from his shoulders, throwing horrible insults his way. Tears were starting to pool in his eyes. 

"Naruto! Remember, it's just a Genjutsu, this isn't real!" She yelled, hoping to keep him grounded. She suddenly let out a yelp as she rolled out of the way just as her own sword was about to stab her. Instead, it was embedded into the ground, the image of her mother glared down at her, eyes filled with hate. 

"This is what you get for letting us die" the woman seethed as Chiyo stared up at her. 

"This isn't real" She reminded herself. Suddenly, just before she could be injured, the world around both Naruto and Chiyo changed and she felt a hand on her shoulder. Looking around confused, she spotted Sakura looking at her with concern as she regained her senses. 

"Naruto, Chiyou, you ok?" She heard Kakashi's voice, they had escaped. 

"What happened to me?" Naruto asked, still disoriented. Sakura was quick to reply, 

"you were caught in a Genjutsu. We poured our Chakra into you and broke the Genjutsu!" The pink-haired girl explained as Chiyo turned to face the still-calm Itachi. Although he seemed annoyed his Genjutsu had been broken. 

"Where's his shadow clone?" 

"Shadow clone...? He's using no such thing." Granny Chiyo was confused by the blond's question.

"You suddenly started running and shot off your Rasengan with nothing around," Sakura told him, 

"Don't you remember?" That's when both he and Chiyo realized, they had been caught in the Genjutsu sooner than they had realized. 

"This guy's using more than just a Vision Jutsu..." 

"Now, it's about time for the main event. Get it together, Naruto!" Kakashi warned him, a serious expression on his face. Though the blond was still stunned, seeing this, Sakura placed a hand on his face. 

"Hey! Get a grip!" But the only response she got was Naruto looking over at her, eyes still wide. Chiyo could still tell he was affected while the two of them were trapped. Kakashi quickly took the lead, 

"Naruto, I'll show you how it's done" he spoke, finally, the blond regained his composure and the group focused their attention on the enemy in front of them. Within a short moment, Kakashi began running forward, seeing this Itachi began moving his hands at an incredible speed. Bringing one up to his mouth he began launching balls of fire toward the white-haired man. Showing no fear, Kakashi kept going forward, dodging them as he went. Sakura looked up in amazement as he did so. 

"He dodged it!" Mid-air, Kakashi turned back to the rest of the group, 

"Here comes the next attack!" He yelled after he said that a much larger fireball was launched toward the four of them. They all jumped out of the way, avoiding any major injuries. The attack instead the fireball hit some trees, shaking the area around them violently. With the others not in sight, Itachi was left with Kakashi, lightning surrounding the white-haired man. His attack ready, Kakashi rushed forward. Once he was close enough, he aimed the attack at Itachi. Thought the black-haired male jumped out of the way before he was hit. However, as he was flying in the air, he looked up to see two Narutos coming toward him, one of them disappeared leaving the real one still falling, a blue ball of Chakra in his hand. 

"Rasengan!" The blond shouted as she aimed his attack at the enemy. Both Itachi and Naruto plummeted back down to the ground, causing a large cloud of dust. Behind some trees, Sakura and Chiyo covered their faces while Granny Chiyo remained calm. Worried for the blond, Chiyo peaked out from behind her hiding spot, but the dust cloud made it impossible to tell what had happened and the sound of Sakura calling out his name filled the air. After a moment, the smoke cleared, revealing an uninjured Itachi standing in front of the large creator that had been created in the ground. Both Chiyo and Sakura looked around, worried for their teammate. 

"Naruto, please be okay," The black-haired girl thought to herself as she glanced at Itachi, who wasn't doing anything at the moment. That's when she noticed a mist forming in the air, much like the one from when Team Seven had escorted the bridge builder, 

"a mist jutsu?"  That's when both Chiyo and Sakura were startled by Granny Chiyo's voice.

"Don't worry! It's one of Kakashi's Jutsu." She reassured the pair. 

"Then..." Sakura began to speak but got cut off by the old woman. 

"More importantly, the mist is getting thicker! Don't avert your attention away from his presence!" Granny Chiyo warned, 

"right!" Both Sakura and Chiyo said at the same time. 

"Can we please stop this childish game of hide and seek, Kakashi?" Itachi asked, causing the white-haired man to step out of his hiding spot. 

"I suppose we could" he replied, not showing any signs of being nervous. Without another word, he pulled out several kunai, throwing them at Itachi. The man easily dodged this quickly performing more hand signs as he did so. Itachi then launched another fireball toward Kakashi, the flames seemingly engulfing the man before another loud explosion ripped through the air, filling it with smoke. At the same time, the mist began to clear up as well. The fireball had left nothing but a hole, yet there was no sign of Kakashi. There was a short pause before Team Seven's sensei burst from the ground, aiming a fist at Itachi. However, the man stepped back and grabbed Kakashi by the sleeve, pulling him back down. At the same time, he pulled his other arm back, swinging his fist in Kakashi's direction. However, the other man was able to dodge, causing Itachi's fist to hit the air instead. Itachi then grabbed Kakashi by the neck, this left the men staring at each other while the others watched, holding their breath.