She had worked hard to rebuild her life since then, and she wasn't about to let him back in so easily.

"Charles," she replied, her voice cold and distant.

She folded her arms across her chest, creating a barrier between them.

"What are you doing here?"

Charles reached her side, still wearing that charming smile that used to melt her heart.

"I have a race today?"

"What are you doing here, infront of the Alpine garage?"

Charles looked at her, hardly recognising the young woman.

Her once dark curls were now streaked with blonde and she brimmed with confidence.

The woman Charles had met was quieter, more insecure. He smiled, the confidence suits her.

"But more importantly, I wanted to see you. It's been too long, Mia," he said finally.

Mia's eyes narrowed. "Four years is a long time, you genius. Of course, a lot has changed."

The Monegasque raised an eyebrow and eyed Miabella closely. God he had missed her.

He would have loved to kiss her here and now and never let go, but something in her gaze stopped him.

A coldness he didn't know, or perhaps more likely an indifference she radiated towards him.

"I met your son, he's cute."

"Don't talk about my son," Miabella hissed at him.

Her eyes sparkled with anger, an anger she hadn't expected.

She actually thought she would have a nervous breakdown when she saw Charles again.

However, the complete opposite happened, everything inside her contracted and she could literally feel it boiling inside her.

How could this idiot stand here in front of her and pretend that everything was fine.

He had never apologised, never tried to reach her to try.

"I like his eyes," Charles said calmly, but he also looked a little irritated.

Mia snorted, "good for you."

"Do you want to tell me something?"

"No, do you?"

"For fuck's sake Mia, did you look at him? He looks exactly like me!"

That was the moment it flipped a switch and the two stared angrily at each other.

The initial niceness that the Monegasque exuded had disappeared and the two did not take their eyes off each other for a moment.

All around them a few people had stopped, but no one dared to watch any longer.

"You're fucking delusional Charles, he looks like Lando, his father."

Charles laughed sarcastically, "you mean his hair? You do know that the curls are coming from you?"

"And you know that, because you know him so well?"

Slowly Charles took a step towards Mia.

She could feel his breath on her skin and she tried with all her might not to back away.

"I deserve the fucking truth."

"I did too."

Charles stared at her, he hadn't expected that answer and yet he realised he deserved it.

In all these years he hadn't apologised, he hadn't even tried.

He was too hurt, when Mia ran out of his flat back then, he understood what he had lost and he wanted to make it up to her.

But then the news had come that Miabella and Lando were expecting a child.

Charles was furious, how could Mia get pregnant so quickly by someone else, who does she think she is.

That was the reason why Charles suppressed his feelings as best he could and concentrated only on racing.

It paid off, three years later he was as good as Max and they had fought an epic battle for the championship title.

Charles took a deep breath, "if he is my son Dubois, I have the right to be a part of his life."

"It's Norris actually and no, you lost every right to talk to me the day you cheated on me."

So Lawrence was right, somehow Lando and Mia could get married without anyone knowing.

He peered at her left hand, where there should be a ring, but there was none.

On the right ring finger, however, there was a plain gold ring, it was beautiful.

"You wear it on the wrong hand."

"None of your business."

Charles rubbed his face in annoyance, "Norris then, just tell me if he is mine."

Mia opened her mouth and was about to reply when she felt a hand on her back and immediately she visibly relaxed.

"Why the hell are you Talking to her Leclerc?" asked Lando calmly.

"Great, husband Comes to save his fragile wife," Charles said sarcastically, waving a hand in the air.

Lando snorted, "Fragile wife? You are actually so pityful."

"What did you say to me?"

"You heard what I said Leclerc. Now go."

"Let me make it clear to you Lando. If Levi is in fact my son, I deserve to be a part of his life."

Lando stroked Mia's back again as he felt her tense.

"Don't disrupt his life with your doubts and insecurities. Levi is my son and you have no right to take his name into your mouth," Lando said and looked at Charles seriously.

Charles felt anger boiling within him. "Doubts? Insecurities? Lando, this is about the truth. I deserve to know if I have a son."

Lando took Mia's hand, pulling her away from Charles. "As I already said, he's mine and now we're leaving. This conversation is over."

Frustration and hurt welled up inside Charles as he watched Mia walk away, his heart heavy with the uncertainty that would continue to haunt him.

He had confronted his past, but the truth remained elusive, buried beneath layers of anger and denial.

As Mia and Lando walked away, he couldn't help but wonder if he would ever unravel the mystery of his similarity to the boy he believed could be his son.

____________________

Short info from my side... please don't pronounce Levi like the brand... it's:

LEH-VEE

It's the italian pronounciation... Hope that makes sense😅

Pluuuus hey how are you guys doing?

Sadly I don't have a lot of time to write, so updates will come slowly... sorry 🤍