Wooyoung wasn't yet waiting for him outside. He'd most likely expected the royal breakfast to last longer. So, Yeosang ventured through the castle on his own in search of his room. He'd need to change into more appropriate clothes for horseback riding. Even though the castle was on the smaller side, Yeosang wasn't used to the layout. Eventually, though, he found the familiar door.

There was somebody sitting on his bed when he entered. For a split second, Yeosang assumed it was Wooyoung. But it wasn't.

"Took you long enough. Did you get lost?"

Yeosang furrowed his brows. "Prince Taehyun? What are you doing here?"

The other prince rose and started to approach him. "This is my castle. Why should I not be here?"

"Because this is my room?" Yeosang said, more as a question. "Did you...want to come riding with me?"

Taehyun just shook his head, approaching until he was a little too close to comfort. Already backed against the wall, Yeosang had nowhere else to go, and he wasn't about to be intimidated by this younger prince. He straightened his posture. "Well then, what do you want?"

Taehyun's eyes were beautiful, yet cold. "I want you, dear prince."

"Uhh..." Yeosang slid to the side, trying to inch away, but the other prince raised his arms to cage him in. Yeosang was not usually claustrophobic, but he did not like feeling trapped like this. "Back up," he demanded. "I shall wait for my guard outside."

Taehyun made a show of looking deep in thought. "Hmm. I do not think you will. You looked so delectable during breakfast. I just wanted to take you right then and there."

Yeosang wasn't exactly sure what the words meant, but he had a good enough idea. "I am older than you!" he scolded, fear creeping into his heart. "I order you to let me go."

"As I said," Taehyun said, one of his hands moving to caress Yeosang's face. "This is my castle. I shall do as I please." It sounded so much like something Yeosang would have said. He probably had said those exact words at some point or another, but he was nothing like this other prince.

"Have you forgotten that I am also a prince? Let go of me!"

Taehyun smiled. It almost would have looked sweet if not in this context. "I think I shall do the opposite."

In that moment, Yeosang wished he hadn't skipped all those training sessions with Seonghwa. They would have done him well because even though Yeosang was older and taller than Taehyun, he was also weaker. His muscles shook from the effort of trying to push Taehyun away, but it was to no avail. Tears pricked at his eyes.

"Keep crying, prince. The tears only make you look prettier."

Taehyun's hands were all over him--one was at his throat, squeezing and squeezing until Yeosang could barely take in air. Yeosang closed his eyes and shook his head. Maybe he was still dreaming. Maybe he would wake up safe next to Wooyoung. Maybe-

The door opened, and Yeosang watched Wooyoung's expression turn from confusion to anger in an instant. Yeosang had never been so glad to see another person in his life. He looked at his guard pleadingly, still struggling to breathe.

"Unhand him at once," Wooyoung ordered in a commanding voice that Yeosang would never want to be on the receiving end of.

Taehyun barely gave the guard a second glance. "Who do you think you are to order me around? I am a-"

His next words never came, for Taehyun was soon on the floor, clutching his stomach. Yeosang looked at Wooyoung in shock. His guard had just assaulted a prince.

~

The minute he did it, Wooyoung knew his life was over. Regardless of what he'd been doing, Taehyun was a prince. And Wooyoung was just a guard. There was no way this would go unpunished, but Wooyoung couldn't bring himself to regret it.

Despite his position on the floor, Taehyun laughed. Wooyoung was ready to hit him again. "You are dead, guard! Just wait until my parents hear about this."

Yeosang was still gasping for breath, tears running down his face, but his voice was surprisingly even. "You will not tell a soul about what my guard did. If you do, I will tell everybody what you have done."

Taehyun didn't look convinced, so Yeosang went on. "Aurora is both richer and more powerful than Cheshire. And I am the one who is soon to be king. People will undoubtedly take my side over yours."

It was the objective truth, and everyone in the room knew it. Wooyoung didn't know how Taehyun was able to maintain his dignity as he stood up and brushed himself off, giving Wooyoung a murderous look before leaving the room. It took an immense amount of self-control for Wooyoung not to go after him.

Instead, he closed the door behind Taehyun. The second he turned around, he took in Yeosang's state. The prince looked so small and vulnerable that for a moment, Wooyoung was scared to say a thing. Then, Yeosang was upon him, pulling him into a crushing hug. He immediately wrapped his arms around the prince, hoping he was providing some comfort. "Are you hurt?"

Wooyoung felt the motion of Yeosang shaking his head against his shoulder. Though, he wasn't convinced. He'd seen how tightly Taehyun had his hand wrapped around Yeosang's throat. After perhaps a minute, Yeosang pulled away. His face was dried of any tears.

"Wooyougie," the prince said, grabbing Wooyoung's arm. He didn't realize it was shaking. "I...I think you are more shaken than I am." Wooyoung knew the prince was just trying to distract himself from what just happened; his eyes betrayed his lingering fear.

He tried hard to calm himself but every time he remembered the way Taehyun had put his hands on his prince, he felt angry all over again. "I cannot believe that he would even think of doing such a thing. Are you sure he did not hurt you?"

Yeosang nodded. "Just...never leave my side again for the remainder of our time here."

Wooyoung wasn't planning on it.