CAMPING

Haru

     "Are you sure you have  everything you need?"  Park Ha Yeon asked for the billionth time since we arrived at the school

          I resisted the urge to roll my eyes , "Oppa. You keep asking me that and I have told you yes." I slung my bag over my shoulder , "can you hand me the other bag I don't want the bus to leave without me."

             My big brother adjusted his glasses looking at my bag , "you have your tent right?"

      "Park Ha Yeon. It's a camping trip , obviously I packed a tent."  I deadpanned, "I'll be gone for a week , you can survive without me."  The school adminstration had organised a school camping trip , it was an annual function. The fees for this trip were right through the nose , I couldn't believe people actually spent such a large sum to let their kids go. I was eligible to go , because my scholarship covered the costs of the trip as well.

            "I can survive without you ," Ha Yeon smiled and folded his arms , "but I cannot survive without your cooking. Guess it's instant noodles for the next week."

            I frowned at him knowing he was always exhausted every time he came from the law firm , "don't eat instant noodles alot. You can ask Me Sunhwa to make you something , she wouldn't mind."

       "I know but it wouldn't by my little brother's famous dishes."  Park Ha Yeon smiled at me and I rolled my eyes playfully,  our mother was never really supportive of me opening a restaurant and always told me to focus on finding a stable proper caterer , but Ha Yeon always defended my dreams and told me never to give up hope. He was my cheerleader and supporter.

        I could hear the honking of the bus and wrapped my arms around Park Ha Yeon, "Take care of yourself Oppa. It's just a week , I'll be back before you know it." He was acting like I was going to military enrollment or college.

                   He returned the hug tightly and I know he needed it , "take care of yourself Haru. I'm going to miss hearing Oppa ," he chuckled , "that too for a week."

                   "Maybe when I came back , I'll be calling you Hyung as it should be."  We both laughed knowing that was never going to happen , Oppa was our inside joke and even though I initially called him that to annoy him for wanting a little sister instead , I used the term as an endearment.

                 I waved at Park Ha Yeon and rushed into the massive school bus , I sat down next to Jun Ha who immediately brightened. Bora and So Yeon walked in arm in arm with their butlers brining their luggage.

           Bora scowled at me and tsked. I wondered how long was she going to be mad at me - did Yeon Bora really hate me or was it just her anger talking. I looked around the bus and I found Suho oddly staring at me before he looked away. Well that was weird.

             "Ok ,"  a male teacher said to us once the journey started , "once we get to the destination , remember the rules , I know this event is organised by the adminstration and school board as fun activities , but please no fooling around like last year. Jun Ha and the rest of the of the school council will monitor you."

             Boos went around the bus and I wasn't surprised Han Seo Jun had been the one to start them. The man looked extremely exasperated and sat down. That was one thing I noticed at Sungeol Elite High, most of the teachers weren't even respected by the students and the few who were was owing to the simple fact they tried to get in the good books of the kids from influential family.