A rehabilitation center?

You tried to wrap your head around it, but you were just completely taken aback. So he got rid of her like he had planned on getting rid of you? That makes so much more sense.

You could feel Shoto subconsciously tightening his fist around your hospital gown, clutching onto it like it was his lifeline. And with how his face was pressed against your side, you even felt the hot tears that spilled out his eyes and managed to wet your clothes.

Acting on muscle memory, you began to weave your hand through his hair, almost in a comforting, motherly manner and you could feel him slowly relax at your side. Natsuo and Fuyumi watched pitifully as you comforted Shoto, something not even they could do.

They could feel the guilt weighing down on them and it made then sick...

With Shoto calming down, you turned to the other two people in the room and nodded gratefully at them, "Thanks for letting me know... Why don't you guys take a seat? I can't imagine constantly standing being a fun thing to do." You joked and Natsuo cracked a small smile at your little statement.

For the rest of the time, you avoided mentioning Rei to any of the three kids, knowing just how sensitive of a topic it was now that she was practically ripped away from them. Instead, you focused on patting Shoto's head, letting him lean in on your body, and conversing with your siblings.

Since it was the first time you three were having a proper conversation, they had a lot to ask. Mostly, however, the topic remained on whether or not you were comfortable here or if you felt any sort of pain that they should call the doctor for.

You have to admit, for kids their age, both of them were rather mature. But you figured that it must be more of a result of the broken household they were a part of, than anything else.

You mentally noted to spend some more time with them when you went back home (if you did go back home, that is. Because Enji might be willing to send you away too, now that Rei isn't here to stop him).

Meanwhile, you also noted that Shoto had somehow managed to drift off to sleep yet again, just like yesterday.

Gah, he looks so cute.

"Oh, did Shoto fall asleep?" Fuyumi exclaimed, making sure to keep her voice low as to not wake him up. You just gave her a nod, accompanied with a confused look when she looked incredibly happy.

"Thank goodness... He didn't sleep almost at all, yesterday. All he did was stay up and pace around in his room... When I told him to get some rest because we were visiting you, only then did he sleep for two hours." Your eyes widened in surprise at what Fuyumi told her, but you knew you felt touched. It made you feel warm to realise just how much Shoto was attached to you.

Although, you'll admit that you're more worried about his health than anything.

"If that's the case then... let's let him sleep for a little longer." The two siblings in front of you nodded and began to talk in a much more hushed tone. There really wasn't much for you guys to talk about, but Fuyumi somehow still managed to start with a topic.

It was already 6 in the evening when you guys were interrupted by your family maid, a gentle smile on her wrinkly face, "Please excuse my intrusion... But I believe it is time for us to leave, young master, miss." As she addressed Natsuo and Fuyumi, the two couldn't help but pout.

They wanted to spend more time with you! It's not everyday that you're talking to them this easily, because either you're with Shoto or you don't talk at all. Besides, they didn't like the idea of leaving you all alone in this creepy room.