"You're trying to impress a man who's a loser himself? At this point, you might as well impress the homeless man who lives across the street."

"Don't call him a loser! He's the number 2 hero in the whole of Japan!!"

"Yeah, he's number two... And he's been trying to become number one for over 15 years, how lame is that? If I were a loser like him, I'd be too ashamed to have so much pride, let alone go ahead and try to make my kids become something I never could.... God, he's embarrassing."

"You don't know anything! You think you're so smart just cause you've read a book?!" He stomped over and you turned to look at him fully, "All I'm saying is: Don't work so hard for a loser like him. He's just jealous of your quirk being stronger than his, so don't try to prove yourself to him."

You knew that wasn't the case. Enji had told Touya to stop because his quirk was literally hurting him. But still... that doesn't change that Enji was the reason for all this madness. Besides, you needed Touya to realise that Enji was in the wrong so he would stop trying to impress that psychotic bastard.

Even if it means twisting Enji's reasons.

You genuinely hoped that this plan of yours would work. Over the course of the days, you had been planning on how to get your brother to stop with his self-destructive habits. And for now, you figured the first way would be to give him a harsh slap back to reality, and make him realise that someone as insecure as Endeavor has no right to deem someone as useful or useless.

He literally threw you away as useless, despite you being much stronger than him in your previous life. As much as you are humble with your strength, his mocking words made you feel so petty that you wanted to beat the shit out of him and prove him wrong.

But you kept that part to yourself and focused on Touya, who was looking at you in conflict, "That's not... true... Shoto... He only ever looks at Shoto..."

Your heart really does ache for these kids.

"W-Whatever... You don't know anything, you're a girl." Wow, sexist much? You really don't want to hold it against a kid.

"I'm leaving now. And don't you dare tell anyone that I'm training!! Or-Or... I'll burn all your books!!" You could feel your eyes twitch in annoyance. This brat....

Finally letting out a sigh, you peered over your forgotten book. You just hope that this plan of yours will actually work. It would kill you if a child as young as Touya got hurt because of the actions of the bastard of a hero, Endeavor.

In midst of your internal monologue, you failed to notice Rei slowly inching towards you, "[Name]?" Her voice was soft, and calm. A stark contrast to Touya, who was yelling at you a while ago.

You peered up through your lashes to look at her and she gave you a small smile as she crouched down at your level, "What are you doing so early in the morning?" She didn't expect a reply, and you didn't give one either, making her heave small sigh as she looked ahead at what you were doing

"You're reading a book? Oh, wow! Would you look at that, you're reading such an advanced book at the age of three? You're a genius, sweetie!" Noticing her efforts to communicate with you, you gave her a small, weak smile. That made her own smile grow in magnitude, feeling accomplished that she made you smile.

As a mother, she was guilty that despite you being Shoto's twin, she didn't know that much about you. She was forced to give all her attention and care to Shoto and while she didn't mind caring for her own son, she did feel the guilt that seeped within her when she realised how much you were neglected.

The only time she was ever able to interact with you was when Shoto called for her while playing with you, since you and Shoto were like two peas in a pod. The latter was attached to your hip and he was always following you around.