But for some fucked up reason, you were thrown right back into the mortal realm. What kind of sick joke is this?! The fact that you're reborn is so messed up to you, that you cannot stop crying.

Your 'mother' tries everything, from check-ups to the doctor to letting you play with what you find out, is your twin brother.

But you despise that kid as well. He's not your brother, he never will be. You only had one brother and that is [Brother Name]. But your mother, who you now know is called Rei, is adamant that your brother is the key to stopping you from crying.

If that's the case, then boy is she in for a ride-

Your father, who you only know as a fiery blob thanks to the shit vision of a baby, is not too pleased with your incessive crying. But there's only so much poor Rei can do. She has done her best, but you still won't stop.

At some point in time, even you grow tired of crying. So you just stop. You still aren't over the entire ordeal but you are taken over by the situation and a wave of fatigue hits you.

You realise how much you have been wronged.

You had a family; a brother and a lover... A lover you were going to start your family with... Someone who had proposed to you already...

The gravity of the situation finally hits you and you cannot help but feel tired. You haven't even started your new life yet you're already tired of it.

You remember the faces of your loved ones and all that leaves your eyes are silent tears, no sobs, no screaming. In the end, you realise once again... That life is anything but fair.

You had been dealt the bad hand before... What's wrong with putting up with that misery all over again? And at some point, you; [Last Name][Name], more famously known as Phlegethon, give up on crying and just come to accept your fate.

The moment you do stop crying, is when Rei is finally at peace. Unfortunately for you, peace is a temporary concept that really doesn't hold any weight in your life.

Because after you're done crying, only then do you start focusing on your new family. It's odd, so very odd. Everytime you see your father (who's still a fiery blob, by the way), you see how your mother stiffens up. Your siblings coo and watch you in wonder, but none of them are allowed to be too close to you.

While it definitely raises some red flags in your head, your baby mind cannot bear thinking so much, and thus you find yourself sleeping a lot more than your twin. Your twin, somehow has a rather interesting hair color. His hair is naturally separated as white and red. Even his eyes are different.

By your second week as a child, you finally realise the purpose of your birth.

It seems like after the war ended, some people with quirks began to abuse their power and use them for the worse. It was then that a new profession known as Heroes was introduced. Heroes have the job of protecting civilians, and stopping the bad guys, now dubbed as villains (how original).

But there is something else... Heroes are also ranked. And it seems like your father is the second highest ranking hero in the entire country of Japan.

But he's not happy. He is obsessed with the notion of becoming number one. And that obsession is what led him to get married and even have kids that may surpass the number one hero, just so he can feel the fame at the very top.

How stupid, how shallow...

Is this what the world has come to after the war? Is this what you and your comrades died for? So people can have kids and abuse them just to feel some fame, and some satisfaction of being the best?