Pick-pocket

Set one year before ALPHA SQUAD

Everything in this owned by me. Except Samuel. Once you read Alpha Squad Book 1, you'll understand who Samuel is.
_________________________________________

When Crimson took items (never stealing. he wanted to give them back, but he never had the chance) he was never caught. He needed to survive and that involved staying off the radar, away from the officials. This was why he was a little surprised when he ended up in a police station. There was a man interrogating him. Officer Jackson.

This never happened before. Why is it happening now?

We got sloppy One.

"Listen kid. You're young. Around twelve years old?"

"Thirteen."

Idiots always get that wrong. We're older than we looked. It's because of the baby face and his height, or rather lack thereof.

Hey we're not short!

Two I hate to break it to you but.. we are. Plus it helps in bringing out the pity in adults before we take some moola from their pocket.

"You should be in school! Playing with Pokémon and your friends! Why are you pick pocketing?"

Why? No-one ever asked why. It's easier when no questions were involved.

He's an officer, it's his job.

Hey who's side are you on!

"Got nothing else to do I guess."

"Seriously? Nothing? Did your parents not teach you anything about anything else? Who were they?"

No background check? They should have found something.

Maybe they thought it would be weird to search up a random kid.

"My mom was a journalist and my dad was a scientist"

"Was?"

Of course that's what he picked up on.

He's smart I guess.

"Dad went out to get the Moomoo milk and Mom is six feet under."

"Oh. I'm sorry for your loss."

Sorry. They all say that. None of them mean it.

One of the only things we agree one.

"My brother would be with me and stopping me from doing this kinda stuff but not always. It's the only way we can get enough money to keep an apartment. Even then we don't take stuff like credit cards and shit. No-one needs that hassle." He flinched at my swear words.

As if he hasn't heard worse.

Oh shut it. He probably didn't expect it from a kid.

"I'm sorry for that. Maybe we can find you're dad or something and he can take care of-"

"No."

"I'm sorry?"

Jeez man what part of no do you not understand?

Little nosy isn't he?

"Shut up" I growled. The policemen looked at me confused. He hadn't heard me.

"Whad'ya say?"

"Nothing. I'm not living with him."

"Look kid he's your da-"

"He's not my father. He will never be my father."

Heck yeah we ain't going back to that asshole. He was doing some weird shit in that lab of his what with that resurrection and Ditto DNA and whatnot.

Look man I gotta agree with that he was freaky as hell.

"Okay."

"What? You're... you're letting me go?"

"Not yet."

Damn knew there was gonna be a catch.

Dude shut up I wanna listen to this.

"I'm gonna give you a choice. You can choose to leave and get sent into a Juvie or we can find you a family. I know a few people in Pallet Town. They'd be willing to accept you and they're pretty well off. You wouldn't have to steal ever again!"

I don't know man... seems too good to be true.

Will you just shut up 'man'?

"I'll stay out on the streets but I'm not going to Juvie."

"I've recognized that you've made a decision but given that it's a stupid ass decision, I've decided to ignore it."

Hey isn't that from a movie?

Not in our universe.

Hey pal! Don't break the fourth wall! It's gonna look like 638 ripped us off from Deadpool comics!

Now you're doing it

No I'm not!

Yes you are! Now shut up!

"So what do you say kid?"

"... Fine. But make sure they aren't assholes."

"You're gonna love the man. His name's Samuel". Crimson thought to himself that he probably wasn't gonna like him. But who knows?

It took a long time for him to realize that the One and Two were gone. He realized he was okay with that. He didn't need them anymore. He wasn't alone.

_________________________________________