1. familiarity

"good practice! everyone head home!" daichi yelled aloud. everyone cheered quietly and settled into the locker room to change.

yamaguchi trailed after tsukishima as they walked home together. "practice ended earlier than usual." he tried to make conversation. tsukishima hummed, still staring straight ahead.

they eventually reach where they part. "well.. see you tomorrow?" "yeah." tadashi sent him a closed eye smile and walked away toward his neighborhood. tsukishima couldn't shake this feeling off of him. like someone was coming. like someone he knew was going to return. but that's crazy right?

he stares at the ground as he makes his way to his house. he looks up and spots a small moving truck and a woman hauling brown boxes into the house next to his. "ah hello! are you our neighbor? oh please hold on, let me introduce you to my daughter!"

the woman dropped the box and hurriedly ushered a girl toward him. "hello, my name is kasuga y/n. this is my mother kasuga momo. nice to meet you." she bowed and tried to walk away. "y/nnie, why don't you ask about the high school here huh? i'm sure this boy would love to tell you."

the woman turned away and walked back to the boxes. tsukishima looked away unamused then rubbed the back of his neck. "you're good. nice to meet you." the girl walked away along with her mother, breathing heavily as she carried a box with black sharpie scrawled on it.

he shrugged and headed to his house, closing the door behind him.

ALWAYS IN MY MIND, ALWAYS IN MY MIND, MIND. - good days: sza.

tsukishima arrived to his first college prep class of the day. he gazed at the girl who sat in the back of the class, the one that he met yesterday. her head was placed gently on her folded arms. maybe she was sleeping.

"good morning class!" mrs. takata was always a peppy woman, unfortunately she chose to be too peppy so early in the morning. this caused y/n to jerk awake and tame her appearance down.

"we have a new student coming all the way from abashiri! ...that's a pretty far journey." she mumbled the last part. "in any case, kasuga, come up!"

y/n raised herself from the seat and casually strolled up to the front of the class. she bowed respectfully and introduced herself; "hello, my name is
kasuga y/n, i've come from abashiri. i hope you all will welcome me." she walked back to her seat.

"great! anyway, let's head onto the lesson shall we?"

mrs. takata rambled on and on about foreign ways to take notes, how to schedule your time, and how to sign up for multiple colleges correctly.

soon the class ended and resulted in the students leaving for break. club time.

tsukishima felt a tap on his shoulder. "sorry to bother, do you know of where i can apply to clubs?"
the taller tsked and pointed toward the main office and then the student council office. "don't be surprised if all spots are filled." he turned the other direction and headed toward the gym.

she squinted at his retreating figure. "asshole."