chapter 10

Beep! Beep! Beep! Bee-!

I groaned as I groggily turned my alarm clock off. My head began to hurt trying to recall what had happened last night. I remember having this strange dream ,yeah, I probably was so exhausted yesterday that my brain began to play tricks on me but....

"Was that really just a dream thought...it felt too real"

I thought for a moment some explanation of what could have happened last night but a sudden realization struck me.....I looked back at the clock and saw that I overslept...

"Well crap"

...and I had missed my first class. Panic and dread filled my body as I quickly got up and scrambled to get dressed. After quickly changing into my school uniform, I took a moment to stop and take a breath. I had to calm myself down or I'd be too flustered to go to class.

"It just must have been a nightmare," I reassured myself.

Yes a nightmare...

'I must have been so tired from yesterday's event that I started to hallucinate.' I thought, trying to convince myself that there is no other explanation but that. I shook my head to get my mind straight to getting ready for school not wanting to get called out by our homeroom teacher.

The old man really hates his job and I don't blame him. Teaching a room full of young teenagers with unstable emotions can be tiring.

Anyway, as I start taking a shower I notice a black mark on my hand that somewhat looks like a bird.

I tried to scrub it off but it wasn't disappearing so I scrubbed it harder yet to no avail. Looking at the strange mark I couldn't help but feel nervous from the thought that it could be related from last night.

"I'll ignore this for later since I have a bigger problem at hand, I need to get to school and fast." Ignoring the uncomfortable feeling in my stomach of having a tattoo appear in my hand I rushed out the bathroom still wet and in a hurry, I ate my breakfast while simultaneously drying myself.

After I finish dressing up, I hurriedly ran to the nearest bust station. I looked at my watch and saw the time..

"And just like that I just miss my first period..."

Timeskip

[Itadori's Pov]

I rushed to my homeroom, hoping that I would get an excuse for my late arrival but when I stepped into the classroom, I saw the old man already sitting at his desk. His grey and wrinkled face quickly turned sour as he glared at me with a frown that could pierce even metal.

"Itadori! You're late again!" He barked at me and I could hear some of my classmate giggling as I sheepishly walked towards my seat.

"This is the third time this week (sigh)." My homeroom teacher sighed as he rubbed his temples.

" Sorry I wa-" just as I was about to give my excuse the teacher cut me off.

"No use in trying to come up with a half baked excuse," he says with a hint of exhaustion in his voice. "Just please, be more responsible next time."

"Don't worry it won't happen again." The teacher went back to his lesson and I slumped down my chair. I hear a soft giggle beside me and see a familiar green haired girl