Chapter 17 - First kiss

[Insane. 17 chapters and you haven't even gotten a kiss? hang on!]

They didn't even stop to notice the snow slowly sulking down from the sky or the slight crunch beneath their shoes as they continued their escape out on Sunset Strip with (Y/N) in the lead. They raced down the sidewalk laughing and panting, not stopping to look over their shoulders.

"Holy shit!" Kirk yelled as he slid on the road, "Fuck!" He fell to the ground with a thump that made (Y/N) look over her shoulder and stop, howling with laughter.

"You're such a fucking idiot." She cackled as she turned around to come over and help. "Oh, my God. Are you kidding-" She broke out laughing again and Kirk joined.

"Stop- stop... I can't breathe." He huffed, belly hurting from laughing so hard.

"It's snowing!" She exclaimed, looking up into the sky. "Are you kidding me? Do you think it'll stay until Christmas?"

"No way, dude." Kirk shook his head, closing his eyes. "Oh, my God, my back hurts. I think I broke my spine."

"Schh, you wimp." (Y/N) giggled as she stepped over to him and leaned over him, extending her arm to grab his hand and pull him up.

"Ahh." He panted, opening his eyes. "It fucking hurts."

"Oh, come on, Kirk-- Ohhh, the dude hit your nose fucking hard, man."

"What, is it crooked? Broken?"

"No, it's... bloody." She said and waved with her hand in his face. "Come on, get up."

"I'm too hurt to move."

"Pussy." She rolled her eyes.

Kirk accepted her hand and she pulled him about halfway up when he flashed his eyebrows and instead jerked her down to fall with him.

"Oh!" She exclaimed as she landed on top of his body, facepalming his collarbone.

"Ouch." He groaned.

"Nice one." (Y/N) said under her muffled breath against Kirk's jacket . "You didn't think that through, did you?" She pushed herself up with her hands on the cold ground on each side of his neck, straddling him with her legs on each side of his hips.

"I didn't."

She sat up and looked down at him, their wheezy lungs belching out steam in the winter night, noses red and cheeks flustered from the cold, and something else, maybe from the spark that was so obvious, washing another wave of epinephrine over them. Sparkling flakes of white slow-danced into their hair and lashes and for a moment they just looked at each other. And (Y/N)'s eyes wandered from his eyes to his mouth, and Kirk reached out a hand to grab her cheek and guide her face down again. And to his surprise she pressed her lips against his, and he finally got to know what she tasted like on a night out; like strawberry and liquor and lipstick.
But then she pulled away, shaking her head at him with a smile.

"Nooo. That wasn't right. Right?" (Y/N) said. "Come on." She broke the spell and got up and started to walk down the street slowly. Kirk lied there for a second, wondering why the hell she just did that, just to remember that she was seeing someone else.

Shit.

Okay. Kirk let out a sigh and scrambled to his feet to catch up with her.

They were quiet for probably half a minute until (Y/N) said something again. "You..."

"Yeah?"

"Never mind." She murmured, hands in her pockets to protect them from the icy air that bit at their bare skin.