"Macaque," she hissed, her wings flaring, "What do you think you're doing?" But before she could get a clear answer, he chuckled and suddenly appeared behind her. "Putting on a show, of course. What?" he gasped dramatically, disappearing momentarily into the shadows and whispering provocatively against her ear. "Don't tell me you've gone soft." His fingers grazed her wings, and she bristled, her patience wearing thin.

"Of course not!" She shot him a withering glare just as the double doors slammed open, interrupting their tense exchange. He sharply returned to his position, poised.

The shadow play continued, with (Y/N) watching in silence as two silhouetted figures, one resembling the Hero and the other the Warrior. Macaque manipulated the shadow lantern skillfully, his voice serving as the haunting narration. "The Hero and the Warrior were like the Sun and the Moon," he intoned, "Their light, a protective glow, shining upon the world. Together, there was nothing that could stop the two of them." The images shifted to reveal two shadows resembling monkeys, representing the celestial beings.

Either in the Celestial Realms or on Earth," Macaque continued, "As time went on, the Hero attained power beyond comprehension. As the Hero's light grew, so too did his shadow. And soon, the Warrior was cast in that shadow. In the darkness, the Warrior was forgotten by the Hero." The room plunged into darkness as the narrative reached a critical point. In that moment of darkness, Mk seized an opportunity and slipped out of the theater, leaving (Y/N) alone with Macaque and the unfolding shadow play,"

"Macaque, you have his friends, what more do you need from the boy," She spoke with a soft tone as he rolled his eyes. Macaque let out an exasperated sigh, his eyes still fixed on the double doors. "This kid needs to be tormented by what he knows best, and who better else to give it to him than yours truly," he responded, his voice carrying a twisted sense of amusement.

In the quiet emptiness of the theater, Macaque and Mk sat side by side in the audience seats, their voices carrying in the hushed atmosphere. Up above, (Y/N) watched from the lights, her presence hidden. Mk sighed, his uncertainty palpable. "So, um, what happened to him? The Warrior?" he asked, his voice tinged with curiosity. Macaque chuckled softly, his eyes fixed on (Y/N). "What would you like to hear? The Hero suddenly remembered his beloved friend, the Warrior? That they lived happily ever after?"

Mk hesitated before responding, his words revealing a vulnerability he hadn't shared with many. "No! No, no, no, no, no. Well, yeah, maybe. Um. Okay. I don't know why I'm telling a complete stranger this, but I guess I kinda feel like the Warrior, in the story. A little. Is that dumb?"

Macaque offered a reassuring smile. "I take that as a compliment, young man. The tell-tale sign of a good story. That you resonate with it so personally. But I think maybe you missed the point."

"It's like I wanna be strong, and I'm trying to be," Mk interjected, his voice laden with frustration, "but it's like Monkey King isn't giving me a chance!" He sighed grabbing his hair, " What if... what if he knows he made a mistake? Chose wrong. Chose the wrong successor."

As Mk poured out his frustrations, Macaque suddenly shifted into the form of the Monkey King. (Y/N)'s wings flared instinctively as she watched this transformation, her eyes tracing the familiar features of the legendary figure. Had he always looked so distant?

Macaque spoke sarcastically his voice hidden with his glamour, "And? What if he did?"

In a flash of light, the Monkey King appeared next to Mk, where Macaque had previously stood. (Y/N) observed the scene unfold from her vantage point, her heart heavy with the weight of the conversation. MK, exasperated, exclaimed, "Ugh. This again? Look, I know you're not really here! I've been doing what you told me to do. Believing in myself, blah blah blah. But I'm not ready for this. I can't face the Lady Bone Demon alone. I just feel so..." His frustration was palpable. The Monkey King laughed, his voice echoing in the empty theater. "Ergh! If you're not gonna help, just leave me alone!" Mk moved to punch the Monkey King, but his punch was effortlessly caught by the figure.

Macaque quickly commented his tone returning, "Whoa, bud. You've been working out? You pack a bigger punch than I remember."

"No, Macaque— Wait, does that mean—" Mk began, but his words were cut short as he glanced around and caught (Y/N)'s eyes. He hesitated, his expression shifting as he tried to formulate his thoughts. "Hey, I—!" he started to say but was interrupted when Macaque smirked and as Mk tried to free himself. Reaching out to hit him with his free hand. Macaque's eyes shifted between (Y/N) and Mk in a swift, deliberate manner. "I would keep my eyes right here, bud," he advised with a knowing grin.

Mk's frustration peaked as he demanded answers, "What are you doing here?! Oh no! I just—"

Macaque, responded calmly, "Unloaded all your secret insecurities on me! I know! But hey, no shame in that, man. Sometimes you just gotta talk it out, y'know? I don't really do it. Maybe I should. But we'd be here all day, so..." Mk, growing impatient and agitated, tried to free himself from the Monkey King's grasp. "Would you just get to the point?!" he demanded.

The Monkey King chuckled and continued to tease Mk, "Slow down, kiddo. This is the thanks I get for checking in on my favorite student?" Mk vehemently objected, "I am not your student! (Y/N)!"He called once again.

(Y/N) watched from the shadows, her heart heavy with a mix of emotions. She observed the human, Mk, who had willingly heard her own struggles against the Monkey King. The conversation between Mk and Macaque continued, and her desire to intervene and offer assistance grew stronger.

With a swift and deliberate flap of her wings, (Y/N) descended to the ground, making herself known as she interrupted the tense exchange between Macaque and Mk. Macaque halted, clearly irritated. "(Y/N), what do you think you're doing?" he scoffed, his tail flicking in agitation. Mk, on the other hand, brightened at her presence, a glimmer of hope in his eyes. "(Y/N)," he called out.

"We both hate Wukong, but this boy is not him," (Y/N) spoke with a dangerous edge to her voice, her determination clear. Macaque's reacted with a scoff. "Oh," he responded dismissively, releasing Mk from his grasp. "Is this an act of heroic duty?" He laughed and manifested a staff. "I knew this day would come."

(Y/N) stared at him with unwavering resolve, her eyes glowing a vibrant green. "Six-Eared Macaque," she addressed him formally, her voice carrying authority. "I do not wish to fight."

Macaque's glare hardened. "Well, I do," he snarled, preparing for a confrontation.

CURSES /LMK.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें