Chapter 7

-Jomar's POV-

"Huy Jomar, anong tingin yan?" It was already past 10, the rest were already asleep, I didn't realize that I was staring into abyss from the unit's balcony. I shifted my gaze to Gerfred, he was holding a cup of coffee and a bottle of beer. He offered me the coffee, which I gladly accepted. Not knowing what to answer with his question, I just shrugged and returned my gazes to the streets full of city lights. The sky was dark, no stars can be seen, clouds crowd the sky, much to the contrary of the city streets which were well-illuminated.

My deep thoughts were interrupted again, shifting my attention to the sound of the beer bottle cap popping open. Kuya Raphael is now standing on my right side, supporting his weight on his left arm leaning on the balcony railings while his right hand was extended holding the bottle of beer. He shifted his weight on his right arms still holding his beer, while his body was directed at Gerfred and I's way.

"Bakit?" he suddenly spoke after just looking at us, me, deeply. Para niya akong binabasa habang naka tingin siya, as if figuring my thoughts. But how can he figure it out when I, myself, can't figure it. "Anong bakit kuya?"

"Bakit ka tulala?" with his question getting clearer and specific, I sighed.

"Hindi ko kasi maintindihan kuya. Naguguluhan ako. Hindi ko alam kung paano ko i-da-digest yung mga nalaman at nakita ko kanina. Gustong-gusto kong maintindihan pero hindi din naman niya alam. Para ding tinatago ni Marjorie." Pero parang may iba pa akong dahilan, kung bakit ang lalim ng inisip ko, kung bakit nawawala ako sa reyalidad. Knowing that our conversation will take longer, we decided to move to the living room.

Walking towards them after closing the balcony's curtain, leaving the glass doors open, Kuya Jolever were setting up the table. Chilled bottles of beer, bowl of chips, platter of fries and some sauce were set on top of the coffee table.

"Bespren" I looked at my back, where I saw Jayson walking towards us. Parang pinag planuhan nilang kausapin ako.

"Hindi din naman kami makapaniwala sa mga nalaman namin. Mga sasakyan, pati yung mga pera at connection niya." Gerfred sighed, drinking from his bottle. "Matagal ng maraming connection si Jelo, hindi na din ako magtataka kung may pera siya. Kasi matagal naman na nating nakikita kung paano siya gumastos." Gerfred continued, but it was clear that he was as baffled as me. It was just too much, really.

We directed our gazes to Kuya Raphael and Kuya Jolever, they were the ones that Jelo is with almost every time at the office, specially Kuya Raphael, given that they were the only ones staying at our office of the main site of our campus.

"Ang alam ko lang nag-ta-trabaho siya, kahit noon pa. Gumagawa ng mga papel, researches, letters, proposals and such na malaki naman ang bayad kahit papaano. Pero I doubt na aabot ng milyon yon lalo na at konti lang din naman ang tanggap niya at mababa lang ang presyo niya." Kuya Jolever said.

"Complete research, 10k lang sa kanya. Madalas pa niyang ilibre pag kakilala niya." Kuya Raphael stated.

"Filing nga ng candidacy natin lahat ng nasa partylist natin siya nag-asikaso ng files. Pati mga documents na kailangang bayaran, siya na nagbayad." Gerfred added.

Our conversation continued, maintaining the topic of the revelation of her vehicles, bank statements and such. An hour passed and I saw myself drinking from the bottle of beer. "Bespren, may allergy ka jan." Jayson tried to stop me from drinking, but I just continued until the bottle's content was halved. They all looked at me with fascination and their faces full of questions. Siguro nga gano'n kagulo ang isipan ko ngayon para uminom, hindi ko na alam. My mind is full of doubt, questions- my mind is hazy from all of the thoughts that I can't digest. It clogs my brain so much that it hurts my head.