"Who's that, fam?" Samsi asked Kieron, once they left.

"Fuck knows, bruv," Kieron said, shaking his head and looking at the door.

"Whoever he is, he looks bare buki, still," I said and the others mumbled in agreement.

"For real, man," Samsi responded.

I went back to my own flat to get ready for the evening, seeing as Jaq was taking me out. I hadn't been back to my flat in a couple of days so I had to do a couple things first. But once I'd finished the chores, I got dressed. I put on a black skirt, a black long sleeve tol, a black gilet, black airforces, hoop earrings and one of Jaq's chains (which I stole from her). Don't judge my choice of shoes with a skirt, I have to keep it comfy in case I have to run.

I opened my phone up and sent Jaq a couple of snaps. I grinned down at my phone as I watched her reply.

Jaq❤️
🟪 opened
Jaq❤️ saved your snap in chat
Jaq❤️saved your video to camera roll

🔵 hurry up

I grinned at her text and then shoved my phone in my pocket. I put some gold hoops and other jewellery on and then left my flat, locking the door. I jogged down the steps and quickly went over to Jaq's yard. I let myself in and noticed Lauryn sat on the sofa.

"Hey," I said and Lauryn looked up at me.

"Oo, your looking fancy," She said and I smiled, I sat down next to her and kissed her cheek, "Jaqs taking you out?"

"Mm," I mumbled, grinning, "How was your day?" I asked. I looked down at the baby and tickled his chin. Lauryn poured me a glass of wine.

"It was good," Lauryn said, "Jaqs took me to some odd yoga class, but I think it was more for her than me," She said and laughed, I rolled my eyes at this. "Then we got lunch and went to see Shelley at her new shop, check it out," She said and showed me her fresh set of green nails.

"Ooo, looking good, babes," I said, and she grinned.

"Green with envy," She said, sipping her wine, "Keep those bitches jealous, know what I mean?"

"Mm, you know like that!" I said and we laughed.

"Come, let's get a picture," Lauryn said, pulling out her phone.

I sat up and fixed my hair, then I posed for the picture. "Let's see," I said and scrunched my face up at it. "Let's do another one," I said and we took three more pics.

Jaq finally came into the living room, holding a black box, "A likkle something something came for you, today," She said and gave me the box.

I looked at it and felt my cheeks grow hot, "No, you didn't," I said, feeling flustered.

"Yes, I did," Jaq nodded and went to sit down.

I chuckled, "What is it?" Lauryn asked and looked at the box, then she kissed her teeth, "Fucks sake, man. Youse two. What one is it?" She asked, taking the box, "Ohhh, okay." I laughed and covered my face a little. "Almost blew my own back out."

We all laughed at this. "Well, I did!" Lauryn said, laughing.

"Ok, I love you," I told Lauryn, kissing her cheek.

"I love you," Lauryn said, smiling, "Mwah, have fun." She said. I got up from the sofa and pulled my jacket back on. "Jaq, have some decorum!" I heard Lauryn say, which made me turn around.

"Listen, you go have one of your fauncy baths," Jaq told Lauryn.

"I will," Lauryn said, smiling.

"And if you're still up by the time we get back, we'll slap a film on, yeah?" Jaq said and Lauryn agreed.

Jaq smirked at me and then jumped up. She wrapped her arm around my waist and we made to leave the house. "Ay, Jaqs?" Lauryn said, making Jaq turn around.

"Yo,"

"Thank you, for today," Lauryn said, smiling, "No, seriously, though. I even got a job. Me and Shell. It was meant to be. I love you."

"I love you more," Jaq responded.

"Impossible," Lauryn said, making Jaq scoff.

"Allow me, man," Jaq said, and Lauryn laughed. Jaq grabbed her keys and we left to go out.

Jaq and I got home just past 11pm. The house was sort of quiet, meaning Lauryn was probably asleep. "Are you mad?" Jaq asked, as I removed my jacket, "Do you even love me?"

"Babe, you know I love you," I told her, "She was nice looking, though," I said, referring to the woman I saw earlier on. I made the mistake of telling Jaq that I thought another woman was leng.

"Oh, you're out of order," Jaq laughed, "You ain't even her type anyway. I'm more her type."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what you'd like to think," I said, laughing and Jaq rolled her eyes.

"Let me go check on those two," She said, referring to Lauryn and the baby.

"Yeah, you want a drink?" I asked.

"Yeah, gowarn," Jaq said, as she was walking up the stairs.

I popped open the wine bottle and grabbed a couple glasses. I poured one for me and one for Jaq, I raised the glass to my lips and took a sip. "Liyah!" I suddenly heard Jaq yell, I looked up with confusion and took another sip. "Liyah!" She yelled again. I swallowed my mouthful and then ran up the stairs.

"What is it?" I asked, coming up the stairs.

"Liyah, you need to call someone," Jaq told me. She was crying, I could tell by her voice.

I walked into Lauryn's room and my hands immediately clamped over my mouth in shock when I saw the scene. Jaq was in Lauryn's bathroom clutching her body tightly.

Jaq was sobbing and kept calling Lauryn's name, trying to bring her back. I felt my heart race speed up and the sadness overcame me. I started to sob in my hands and then dropped to the ground. I caught a glimpse of an opened roll of dark on the side beside the bath.

Lauryn had taken too much dark and drowned.

How are ya'll reading/ pronouncing 'Aaliyah'? see me I'm reading are-lee-yah.

hope y'all enjoyed, even tho the end was sad asf. I miss Lauryn.

1656 words