Chapter 1: God?

Joe Avery was sitting in a comfy chair.

It was a very nice chair.

The chair was also very high up in the air.

In fact, Joe's feet weren't even touching anything.

Joe felt like his feet rested on solid air. Not that it made sense.

Such a situation would be terrifying for anybody else, but Joe felt quite serene sitting in the sky.

A light shone from above. "Joe Avery," boomed a gentle voice, "you are dead."

Joe felt a bit surprised. But an image of an oncoming car flashed through his mind, and it made a bit more sense. He felt like he was forgetting something important though.

"So," said Joe, "what happens now?"

"You will be judged, and your sentence determined."

"Alright then."

A second passed.

"Your sentence has been determined."

"Is it Eternal Damnation?"

"For your good character and heroic actions at your untimely death, you have been awarded a second chance."

"Like reincarnation?"

"No. You will simply be transported to another plane of existence. You will be able to continue your life in a new setting. Preparations have been made. Good luck Joe Avery."

"Now hold on a minute, that's not what I was expecting. I thought the whole deal about dying was that you die "DIE", like life over, black screen kind of deal. Can I renegotiate my sen-"

A blinding flash of white. Joe passed out.