Our Origins

//WARNING, MENTION OF DEATH, CHILD NEGLIGENCE AND ABUSE, ALCOHOL, DISCRETION RECOMMENDED//

What was going to be a short nap of an hour ended up being 6 hours, the sun was at its highest point and the temperature was starting to rise, Wally slowly opened his eyes lazily, that nap definitely helped to calm his emotions and think more clearly.

Getting up from the couch he headed to the kitchen, pulling a glass cup out of one of the cupboards he went to the refrigerator get help himself something to drink, anything would do him good right now as he hasn't eaten anything in quite a while.

A clock near the refrigerator caught his attention, Wally looked at it carefully until he realized that it was already 2 pm, with a sigh Wally returned his attention to the refrigerator to look for something to eat.

Without much effort he finds some steaks to prepare, taking two from the refrigerator and heading to the stove to prepare them. While the steaks were being made Wally returned to the refrigerator in search of something to drink, finding a half-finished soda.

Pouring some of the soda into the glass he got earlier he returned to the stove, turning the steaks over he served them on a plate, beginning to eat them while humming a song.

"I wonder what time Home and I are going out for drinks" Wally said aloud, Home asking him out for drinks seemed odd to him, after all they have only known each other for 2 days and friendly chats they only had 2, maybe Home wanted to just get to know him more? Until the time came, his questions would remain unanswered.

He continued eating his steaks without any problem, after so long without eating well this meal felt like glory for Wally, after all he had gone so long without food.

Once Wally finished eating and washed his dishes, he headed back to the living room, now that he has time to think and be on his own he decided to take a tour of Barnaby's house, although he would stay off the second floor since that is where Barnaby's room is.

His house is simple, a living room, a dining room with 4 chairs, a bathroom and what appears to be a garage, the house is clearly furnished for more than one inhabitant, does Barnaby live with anyone else?

Without realizing it, it took Wally a whole hour to explore Barnaby's house, and Wally is sure he still has a long way to go.

A knock on the front door alarmed him, it was still too early for Home to arrive, Wally walked towards the door and opened it. To his surprise Home was there with a smile on his face.

"Ready for a few drinks?" Home said still with the smile on his face, looking genuinely happy, Wally watched him with clear confusion on his face.

"Isn't it too early to drink?" Wally questioned him, a slight smile forming on his face as he watched the grimace appear on Home's face.

"The earlier we drink, the more time we have" the smile on Home's face reappeared "come on, I've already got the beer and everything else at my place" Home moved aside to let Wally pass.

Wally left Barnaby's house closing the door behind him "well, you're right about that, the sooner we get started the more time we'll take" Wally laughed a little and waited for Home to lead the way to his house, even though he had been there before he didn't know the farm so he could find his way around.

Home led the way to his house, opening the door and letting Wally in, locking it once he entered.

"Well, my house is your house, let me get the cooler with the drinks" with that Home headed for the kitchen, leaving Wally alone.

Wally walked around looking for the living room, finding it relatively easy by just having to walk straight down the hallway, the living room is simple two large armchairs and 2 singles around a low table, Wally walked around and sat down in one of the single armchairs, a window to his back where the air comes in and hits him directly in the back.