The Bottom of a bottle (jake x wolf)

There he sat, alone. Third booth from the stage, engulfed in shadows and surround by empty glasses. The bar was more familiar to Wolf Keum than his own home but the familiar sight of the bottom of a bottle only frustrated the man more. He came here to forget- to get wasted and leave the lonely parts of his mind but the isolation ate away at him. He never knew loneliness like this, coursing around his entire body like waves crashing down on him but he knew in his heart, the deepest part of it he could not drink away, that he had forsaken himself when he slapped away the only hand to ever reach out to him. Wolf sits down casted and regretful, his only friend being the pint of beer he swigs on as he ruminates over that lively orange haired man.

At one point in time Wolf embraced his self-isolation, he enjoyed the company of himself over others, if he had enough to drink, and Wolf always had a sliver of alcohol in his system. Alcohol was easier to have a relationship with than people – Wolf understood that from an early age; his mother that could only love him when she had wine and a father who stopped raising his hand when he had some whiskey. Wolf was 12 when he first stole a sip of beer that was in his fridge. A magical drink that numbs all the bad thoughts, it was a wonderous thing to a dejected child - he did not have to feel miserable all the time. He found an escape, the light at the end of the tunnel and he never, ever, wanted to turn back.

When the Union successfully defeated Cheongang it was naturally followed up by a long night of drinking. Rivals became friends, strangers spoke, and laughter ringed all throughout the bar as the cheery atmosphere lightened everyone's mood. it was a night to celebrate. Wolf sat silently amongst his colleagues, uninterested in whatever drinking game they moved on to now as he was more concerned about the ringing headache he began to develop. Without saying a word, he stood and left, unnoticed by the intoxicated group but gaining the attention of the only sober one there who, unbeknownst to Wolf, followed him out.

The flame from the lighter danced, its brightness creating a starch contrast against the inky black night. Wolf played with the lighter in one hand, in the other he took a long draw of his cigarette sighing the smoke out of his mouth. To the slight surprise of Wolf, a voice broke the silence he was enjoying;

"I'm not a smoker but I don't think you are meant to sound so glum when you exhale?" inquired Jake Ji, concerned as to what could be bothering Wolf, choosing to ignore the fact his existence there was annoying Wolf. Wolf spared him a glance before returning to his cigarette, not bothering to respond – hoping it would deject Jake a bit but the leader of Daehyeon instead took a spot silently next to wolf. The man was easy enough to ignore for wolf out in the dark alleyway, but a small anger started to build up when Jake followed him back into the bar.

Wolf sat next to the members from Ganghak, the group that kept to themselves the most as the other schools stayed clear of the antisocial bunch – except, Jake Ji who resumed his position next to Wolf's side, happily humming to himself at an ever-growing pissed off Wolf. The final straw was when Jake attempted to take a newly acquired vodka from Wolf, worried at how much he was drinking but Wolf fought back to get his drink back, snapping at Jake;

"Fuck off already, is it not obvious no one wants you around" Wolf said angrily, grabbing at his drink to get it back "This is your fourth one from coming back, who knows how many you've had before that, just take a break and have some water-" Jake exclaimed reaching back over for the glass, accidently hitting it off the table and onto Wolf's lap. Silence filled the bar as people stared at the loud commotion and a soaked wolf. Anticipation rose in the air, the onlookers expecting a fight to break out from the sadistic wolf but to the shock of everyone there the purple haired man grabbed his coat and left.

Alcohol is one of the quickest routes to inebriation, a motorway to Intoxication. For wolf that was the easiest state to exist in. When you are drunk nothing matters- you can enjoy the wild side of life, it was a thrilling adventure each time Wolf picked up a bottle; fights, sex, smoking, and waking up God knows where were the things that made life worth living for Wolf. Without alcohol wolf was confronted with a cruel reality. He did not like his life, the union, his family – himself. The unbearable suffering of existence was too difficult for Wolf if he did not have drink to make it bearable. Wolf could not exist without alcohol. It was his life, his death, and his resurrection. Not drinking was something that never occurred to wolf – until he met a familiar brown eyed boy while walking back from a club.