❝𝐛𝐨𝐥𝐝❞

Darius Demetrius was a simple and contented lad. He was sweet, sensitive, and considerate, a gem in the eyes of his girlfriend, Olivia. However, Darius had always been reserved and hesitant.

Often it was Olivia who initiated any form of affection, be it hugs or kisses. This reality bothered Darius; he too wanted to take the reins, be bold, and give his girlfriend a surprise kiss one day.

Teenage love is a maze of neither great exuberance nor significant challenges, and likewise was the case with Darius. His diffidence was not a matter of worry for Olivia, as she loved him nonetheless. 

But Darius wished for a revolution in their relationship dynamics, a seismic shift from gentle Darius to bold Demetrius, the Gazelle turning into a Lion.

The stage was set. Darius decided to surprise Olivia with a kiss, after school, on a Friday, under the cherry blossom tree near Olivia's house. The said day, in high spirits, Darius dressed neatly with a pair of blue jeans and a white button-down shirt. 

He practiced a few times before the mirror, just like in the movies, then washed his face, wore his glasses and went to school.

Meanwhile, Darius' six-year-old brother Damian, a tiny bundle of curiosity with gold eyes and red cheeks, was harboring a puppy crush on Olivia. He happened to overhear Darius talking to himself about the surprise kiss. 

Damian grinned, dangerously unaware and innocently intrigued. Friday finally dawned, a day synonym for excitement and jitters for Darius. Darius had never been so nervous, even during the big Eden examinations. 

Throughout the day, Darius struggled with his nervousness, keeping things low-key during their classes. Olivia, noticed, but went through the day as any other opting to question him later.

After school, Darius walked with Olivia. As they approached the cherry blossom tree, his heart pounded like a drummer at a rock concert. Olivia looked at him confused when he halted her.

Darius took a deep breath, held her face gently, looked into her eyes, and leaned in to give her a soft kiss. Olivia, surprised and impressed, instantly returned the affection.

They hadn't noticed little Damian hiding behind the cherry blossom tree, with wide eyes and a wider grin. Damian watched the entire scene unfold from his hiding spot. Even though he had a puppy crush on Olivia, he admired his big brother's courage and thought that maybe, just maybe, he could learn a few things from Darius about winning a girl's heart.

Damian decided to mimic his brother's bold move on his kindergarten friend Anya- Olivia's sister. He didn't have a crush on her, but he did like her. Encouraged by his brother's success, he made a bold, albeit scaled to a six-year-old's standard, move. 

He offered his favorite griffin toy to a surprised little girl, who beamed and accepted the toy happily, before running off to show her friend Becky. Damian, beaming with pride, looked at the fleeing silhouette of the girl, and he felt like the best boy in the world.

The following day at the family's breakfast table, Damian narrated his sweet little tale, leaving his maids and Darius stunned. Darius was flabbergasted to learn about Damian's 'big move'.

Still, he felt a pang of elder-brotherly pride knowing he had influenced Damian's bravery, albeit indirectly.

Every challenge presents an opportunity, and that day, Darius realized his audacious act was not only a stepping stone to a bolder relationship with Olivia but unknowingly, he ended up being a role model for his little brother too. He figured out the immense capacity he held within himself.

A once shy boy was now the 'bold' Darius Demetrius, a radical transformation that had left everyone surprised and impressed.

And thus, narrates the tale of Darius Demetrius, the shy boy, who not only stepped up to become a bold lover but also a beacon of courage for his little brother Damian, shaping the dynamics of teenage love and childhood innocence.

_________

[EDITED]